Cuba releases lung cancer vaccine. Proof of communist failure?

There is no way for companies to make profits this way, since the vaccine costs $1.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/cuba-lung-cancer-vaccine_n_7267518.html

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how define failure. If you mean saving potentially millions of lives then it's a success. Communism is great at supporting art, science, athletics, and education. On the other hand it's horrible for agriculture, manufacturing, and creating variety. The problem with lack of compensation for effort is that the only reward for doing a good job is more work. So people strive to not be the best.
    But fields that are self rewarding such as art and science it's great as there is no pressure to create a commercially viable product, so it lets the creator explore and not worry about where their next meal is coming from.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree, completely. Like when the entire capitalist economy folded in 2008 due to mass fraud by major financial firms. They wouldn't strive to be the best fraudsters if they weren't compensated for their efforts. And if the entire agricultural industry wasn't rewarded with subsidies, they wouldn't be so successful. Communism can't do that. And shipping manufacturing to 3rd world countries would also never be allowed under communism, which would hurt industry terribly badly.

And the self-rewarding science should really start pulling its own weight and produce something useful, like wealth for some. You could never do any of that outside our current system.

What Girls Said 1

• Wow. im glad though.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• oh man... r u right-wing i assume? :-/

1|0
    0|0
  • I totaly agree where ur going with this

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, pretty spurious.