Would you consider people who say this have racism in them or some sort of superiority in them?

1. If the person commented ' I don't see what's so good in this (race)';

2. if the person commented 'I don't find (race) attractive'

and

3. If the person commented that only their race is the smartest

for myself i find #1 racist and #3 contains superiority (not sure should this be considered racist)

what do you think?

Glad that I am right :)))
thank you everybody

Most Helpful Girl

• I think #1 express racism. It seems like the person is saying that people of race X can't be good. I don't find #2 racist, everyone likes different things and just because you don't find them attractive, it doesn't mean you're racist.
    As for #3 it definitely shows racism and superiority. And thinking that your race is superior and the smartest, is a form of racism. Just think about the Nazis and you'll see what I mean.

What Guys Said 12

• #1 yes probably. But if it was a race that was known for talking about how great it is to be apart of it to them and how they wouldn't want to be the commenters, and they honestly didn't see why. if they causal said i dont see why its always considered better, then that isn't racist even though you'll probably get labeled racist

#2 no! If you dont find that race's facial features attractive it doesn't mean you have anything against them its just what you biologically find attractive or unattractive. Like how there's black people who like black people but dont find black people attractive. Now if they dont date them because they feel uncomfortable around that race, have something against them, or feel theyre inferior then thats racist

#3 most likely it is. If they think their smarter because their superior and the other races are inferior than yes its racist. But it could be an observation like iq score results show Asians with top avg scores , white behind them, then African americans.

Side note: you can't really cOunt on those cuz of the effects of slavery killing all the smart African americans while they were slaves would bring it down tremndously and culturally Asian American parents usually push their kids more to do good in school then other races which make a difference.

-im black

• "1. If the person commented ' I don't see what's so good in this (race)';"<---- yup... especially by this :-)

how r u btw? ^_^

• Yeah, 1 and 3 are racist cause you're diminishing the other race/s, while #2 is just a preference, just like how some people prefer red apples to green apples.

• I think only 3 can be interpreted as definite racism because 2 is out of the individual's control and 1 can be too easily taken out of context.

• 1 + 3 racist
    2 personal taste

• Definitely #1 signifies racism

• Number one is racist.

Number two isn't racist, though borderline.

Number there is racist because of they are saying they are superior than any other race.

• What I don't like is when the they're choosing one race over the other even though they're the EXACT same person otherwise

• 2 is merely an observation on personal taste in attractiveness. 1 and 3 are race generalisations based on ignorance, ergo racist.

• #1 depends on context, #2 is more an aesthetic preference than racism, still stupid though, #3 is racist flat out.

• 3 for sure but 1 is very if since it's a double meaning

• I don't think #2 is racist because we can't control who we're attracted to

What Girls Said 8

• 1. Racist
    2. Possibly racist, depends on WHY they find x race unattractive
    3. Also racist, thinking other races are beneath you/your own race is superior, is very much racist

• Number one and three seem extremely racist to me, but number 2 is just stating a personal preference. That statement could be about their own race, you never know.

• For number 1 and 3, yes. For number 2, not exactly. Someone who is racist or prejudiced COULD say that.

Then again they could simply not be attracted and how is that their fault.

• I think that's all racist.

• Having a preference in attraction is not racist, I have preference in attraction. I cannot help that I don't find certain characteristics of a race attractive, but I am not a racist. Not wanting to have sex with someone because you aren't attracted to them is not racist, passing judgement and treating some one differently purely based on the colour of their skin is racist.

• If you think some race is better than others in terms of beauty, intelligence, looks etc then it is so clear that it is racism.
    However I can understand, preferences. You can not get attracted to everyone.

• 1 and 3 are both definitely racist.
    2 really just depends on the person.

• i think both of them are racist