Does being an adult really suck?

Most adults i know say they would give anything to be young but my brother and sister are doing really great and seem really happy so does it suck?

Most Helpful Girl

• Main things that suck about being an adult: bills. Also you are completely responsible for yourself at this point no more mommy and daddy making you dinner and giving you shelter or being there for you if you had a bad day. Sure you can call them but you now have responsibilities that you have to put first before everything else: fun, family, friends. You have rent every month, a job you can't lose because you do have bills, phone bill every month, electricity, and you have to pay for your own food. And it's like the same old shit so yeah that's why it sucks. When you're a kid you can just hangout have fun speak your mind and you can screw up and people will understand. They'll be easy on you. But let's say you're 30 and you screw up well people won't understand as much because you're more mature and they expect more things from you. But if you're a kid you can go to school, have dreams goals ambitions, pursue what you'd like, have a job, and you don't have nearly as much responsibility or expectations in terms of finances and such as adults do. That's why it's "sucks" but honestly more responsibility is good it matures you

What Girls Said 9

• It might suck if you don't have a (normal) job and can't pay your bills.. That's really all. If you're a young adult then you might experience the whole adulthood much more different.. Cause you're still young (party life, school life, dating and social life to the fullest)

• Yes it does!

• Yes, taxes suck!!!

• I'm relatively happy with my adult life, so I say no.

• At this current moment, yes! It does.

• Theirs more responsibility. But, shouldn't be really bad.

• If you're in love I guess t doesn't

• Pretty much, yeah haha Not everything of course, but it's nothing fabulous by any means.

• Sometimes. With all the responsibilities and expectations people put on you.

What Guys Said 4

• Sometimes it does suck, but sometimes it's also really awesome. One thing that can feel very heavy on your shoulders are all the responsibilities. For example I am a University student. Back when I was in high school, teachers were also sort of friends. When I had a personal problem, they would sometimes notice it and ask me if I'm okay. If I struggled with a school subject (in my case math), my teachers tried to help me. They suggested me looking for a tutor and this kind of stuff. Now at university, absolutely nobody cares about me as a person. I'm just a number. If I hand in something a day too late, the professor fails me, regardless of whether I was just being lazy or whether I broke both my legs and arms and found out I have AIDS. Professors always tell us "you know the rules, you know what we expect of you. If you don't deliver, tough luck for you". Other things that can be hard or annoying are paying all those things such as taxes, rent, insurance etc and generally being on my own with everything. Had I broken a window as a child, I would have gotten yelled at and maybe punished but that would've been it. Now, I have to look out for myself. If I get into troubles with anyone - be it my girlfriend, my landlord, the bank, the police... nobody will help me. My parents would feel sorry for me but they wouldn't help me out of the dirt because they think I should now be able to do that myself (which is true). However, being an adult can also be really awesome! I can now do things that I could have never done as a child or as a teenager. My girlfriend and me can clean our apartment when we feel it's dirty, not when our moms tell us to clean it. I can cook myself pasta at 3 o'clock in the night and nobody will yell at me. I can sit on the balcony and eat space cakes. My girlfriend and I can fuck in the kitchen, in the living room... wherever we want. I can go on vacation any time anywhere I want. Because I live in Switzerland (we have direct democracy on national level), I get to vote on all political issues every 3-4 months. I can go to the movie theater and watch horror movies. And perhaps the most important thing: having lots of responsibility can be very tough. But if you manage to take care of things, it feels great. For example, I hate calling strangers on the phone. When I was a teenager, I could just make my mom do it. Now, I have to do it myself. But if I manage to make the call and take care of things, it feels super rewarding.

• Hell yes it sucks.

• Life after college is a scam, it's a lie. Stay in college forever haha. Oh i miss it.

• It depends if your happy or not in general. I enjoy being an adult more, I hated my childhood.