GAGers, do you lock your computer or phones, for security or privacy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, I keep my computer and my phone on passwords for security purposes. I also use different passwords cause what's the point of the same password?

Somewhat off topic but I also use 2 factor auth for some of my accounts.

• That's great approach.

2 factor authentication is awesome, more secure, peace of mind.

There is another lock, sim lock, that doesn't let sim access without password, in case of someone tries to use your sim in his phone.

My phone, on every reboot, asks for sim unlock password. Without password, sim access is not possible.

• Lol my phone is encrypted and won't start without password.

What Girls Said 16

• yeah both are locked, not cuz of anything apart from the fact that my friends try to text random contacts with spam lmao and it can get awkward.
    i lock my mac in case i lose it.

• I lock my personal and work laptops because they both have confidential things on them because of my job. The odds of someone knowing that the information is there, plus knowing how to get to it, are very slim, but better safe than sorry. :P

I don't care about my phone though. I don't do anything sketchy or private on it, really.

• That's great :).

Phone lock is good for security l, in case you misplace or lose it.

• I have passwords on everything for security. I take my devices to uni, but I'd still have passwords even if I didn't just incase they're ever stolen from my home (it's happened before). Also privacy, because I have some sexy pics :P

• Thats good safety measure.

Even if one has nothing to hide, he must use it for security.

• Yes!!! I started doing that in the 8th grade. My mom used to think or still thinks that she can use my phone like it's hers. So, when I'd receive a text or a call she'd read it/pick it up then tell me after which really got on my nerves. Because not only would she read it, but she'd delete it after she's read it. There were times, she'd forget to tell me about a text I received; so, I never got back to whoever messaged me. Yeah, since then, I've locked all the phones I've had. Not that I don't mind people rummaging through my phone, since I have nothing to hide BUT when people delete it without my permission... Let's just say I'm no longer me.

• That's sure is hell annoying.

There are 'app locks' applications that only lock specific apps.

• Both I constantly lose my phone and I don't need strangers going through it or using it for that matter. Also because I don't want my family spying on me.

• I lock my phone so I won't be randomly clicking shit when I'm not using it but my computer? Nah. I don't have anything to hide.

• True. These days, kids also unlock phones or press buttons, so password is a must.

• Oh yeahhhhhh can't forget the kids and their curious minds lol

• only my computer is locked!(not my phone because i don't have anything to hide lol)

• for smartphone yes
    for office computer yes
    for personal computer no coz i only have a desktop and i don't bring my tablet out

• I put in all, except work pc. Easy password is better than no password.

• Phone, yes.
    I have a couple friends and family members who like to look through other's messages.
    My tablet, no.

• Mostly for privacy reasons.
    I have too many weird things on my phone and i dont want my family to see it

• Then put a privacy protector glass too :p.
      Read the update.

• I always have a lock on my phone for both security and privacy reasons.

• My phone yes, and my computer, not so much. I don't really have anything important on my computer. All it has is my pictures and I have the original in my phones or facebook any how.

• I wouldn't even know how to lock my phone.

• Joking? Which phone do you own?

• Basic phones are awesome, but why don't you try smartphones? They make work more easier :).

• I have no need for it & all the extra costs.

• I lock nothing Lol.

• Lock phone, for security at least, if not privacy.

*pats on your goat*

• Lmao I have a crappy phone. No secrets on there. Besides people always go through my phone and I don't care.

• Crappy phones lag too much and people must regret going through your phone xD.

• Yes for my smartphone. Nope for my office computer and my personal laptop.

• I do. I have some porn videos, pictures of me and my old boyfriend, and a nosy mother. So I need to lock my phone.

What Guys Said 8

• I always do! I have several passwords that I rotate on my electronic devices.

Especially phones. They carry so much personal info, and get lost and stolen all the time due to their size, that I think it is foolish to not at LEAST put a four digit PIN on it. Unlocking it each time would only take 2 seconds.

However, the family members in my household, have the password to my phone and computer in case of an emergency.

• That's true.

These latest smartphones have a lot of personal info about the user as well as the people he interacts with. Contacts, messages, call logs, photos, notes, emails, addresses, web browsing history, Facebook, other forums etc.

So it's a very immature move to not put up a pin.

• I can see that for smaller phones.

But with phones being 5" screen sizes, the capacitive buttons are easy to touch!

• That's right.

• I lock it, but my screen password is 12345

• Hahaha, that is still password, but everyone tries these combinations first.

• I know, its really so I dont forget it and I only have it on so it doesn't start doing random shit in my pocket.

• Easy password is still better than no password.

These days, kids know how to unlock phones too xD.

• Phone, yes
    Work computer, yes
    Personal computer, no

• Password on work computer helps? As i believe the office computers are being monitored.

• They aren't where I am working, but I password protect it against pesky coworkers, so they cannot prank me.

• That's good :).

• I tried once, and my mom got angry and banned me from using them until I unlock it and never lock it again. :'(

• yeah my pc and phone are always password protected

• neither phone or computer are locked

• Always. I don't trust people.

• Computer on, phone yeah :p