I wish the whole world spoke Latin, in addition to their native languages. Which language do you think should be universal, and why?

Do you feel that your language is superior to Latin? Or easier to learn, more romantic, etc? It would be great to have zero language barriers, and also for all of us to be fluent in more than one language.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well actually I do speak a little bit of Latin

ipsa scientia potestas est
    Knowledge itself is power

What Guys Said 11

• Sign language lol, arguments would be quit no more angry neighbors complaining about fightig haha.

• Latin.

I love Ancient Rome. Veni Vedi Veci!

• Latin is sub-optimal.

Everyone should learn Chinese. It's scientifically superior!
    www.ted.com/.../keith_chen_could_your_language_affect_your_ability_to_save_money

• Are you effin crazy? I know Latin very well but for what have I mastered English to native level? (I don't even have the tiniest bit of a foreign accent )

Plus, we Germans beat the hell out of the Romans about 1700 years for a reason - freedom.

• Keep it English . like it already is. I live in cuban nation as is, I am not going to start learning Cuban now

• English , because it's the best language.

• English .
    It almost already is the universal language of Earth. It's one of the most popular first languages, and the most popular secondary language, with a large majority of the world having the ability to speak and understand it.

• buenos tardes. i noticed that lots of latin people dont speak English because they think that they dont need it.

• We should all speak Esperanto

• Then why wouldn't everyone speak Greek? It's natural that eveyone likes his/her own language.

• I say French! I just like their language a lot.

What Girls Said 7

• I am a student in Latin and lemme tell you, it's already very hard to write and transalte. I can't imagine how hard it would be to speak it. You have to think about so many things, every word has to have the right ending or else your sentence doesn't mean anything. And FYI there are 5 different conjugations for 5 different types of words , and all these 5 conjugations have 12 possible word endings based on the function of the word in the sentence. No no it's too complicated to speak. English is much more convenient

• English should be universal, for sure.

• Latin is already kind of universal, it's a basis for a lot of words in a lot of cultures' dictionaries. Hmm but I don't know what language Id think would be a great universal one.

• It's a dead language.

• English is almost universal. But I'd love to learn Latin too :)

• Sign language and laughter, that's it.

• Latin is a dead language...