Would you ever leave you pet because of your boyfriend/girlfriend?

My girlfriend is very jealous of my pet cat and dog and she wants me to leave or sell it. I don't want to leave my pet so she said that she will kill them. I was like she is a *****. Would you ever leave your pet because of your girlfriend or boyfriend? She doesn't want my pets what should I do? She doesn't even visit my house because of them.

• Never ever leave your pet.
  • Leave your pet.
  • Try to convince your girlfriend.
  • Leave your girlfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell the fuck no. When you have a pet they rely on you to protect and care for them in every capacity. You are supposed to LOVE your pets, and if your girlfriend is willing to tell you to get rid of something you love, then she doesn't care about you. My boyfriend would probably never go out and get a dog but he knows how much mine means to me, and he would never ask me to do something so cruel and hurtful.

And if you are the type of person that would get rid of a pet when it stops being convenient please just don't have pets.

• I liked how you said "just don't have pets."

Knew you'd kill this one.

• @DodgersGM and for the record it's okay to be the type of person who shouldn't have a pet... it's not okay to be that type of person and get one anyway because they're cute or whatever. They're a huge responsibility if you do it right.

What Girls Said 11

• threats of animal cruelty or even murdering your pets are a HUGE red flag, first she gets jealous of innocent animals then suddenly she will be jealous of your friends, and family and she will try to isolate you from everyone you love! It's an abusive relationship leave her! Also no one comes between me and my cat! My boyfriend loves my cat and always talks about how one day we will be a little family the three of us in a little apartment while we are in University, the two of us and our little fur baby! haha
    She should be loving your pets and snuggling them while she snuggles you!!

• Fuck no! I don't get people who abandon their pets or give them away. To me my pets are not pets, they're my family, my friends and I love them dearly. If I had a partner who didn't understand that and wanted them gone then they don't understand me and I'd make them go. I don't often say this, in fact it may be the first time I have but that is a deal breaker. No way I'd get rid of them.

• Leave your girlfriend and take your let's with you. If she doesn't like them and doesn't want you to have them then why does she want them? Rings Red flags to me

• http://allthingsd.com/files/2012/11/aw_hell_no.png

Leave her, she seems to lack compassion.

• Oh fuck, this makes me mad.
    No person will love you as much as pets, in my opinion, and she is proof.
    You better not leave your pets you made a commitment to them first, and if her jealousy issues are caused by ANIMALS she has some deeper issues she needs to deal with before she goes around making other people adjust their fucking lives to her liking. Ugh, people are the worst. Definitely, leave her.

• Leave your girlfriend. Fuck that noise, she sounds psycho.

• Never ever leave the poor babies!! On the other hand I would say make a run for it! that girl is Psychotic!

• I would break up with her, and keep my pets.

So nope, I wouldn't leave my pets for anyone

• I assume she has no allergies. That is psychopathic, animals are living things too.

• This has to be a troll lol

• Saying she will kill your pet - that is really mean and I think a bit psycho! Run!!!

What Guys Said 12

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif I value my shitty kitties/mutts way too much to ditch them over some broad since they'll never let me down <3 .

Quick question, what if you got rid of your pets then she decided to leave you shortly after that, then what? Because now you'd have no girlfriend nor pets HAHA #JustThinkAboutThat for a moment so I say, why not drop that skank like a bad habit?

• I value my shitty kitties/mutts way too much to ditch them over some broad since they'll never let me down .

quick question, what if you got rid of your pets then she decided to leave you shortly after that, then what? because now you'd have no girlfriend nor pets haha #justthinkaboutthat for a moment so i say, why not drop that skank like a bad habit?

• She threatened to kill your pets. Your girlfriend is crazy and controlling. Get the hell away from her as fast as you can.

• Nope, not a chance in hell. I love my pets and they're like a member of my family.

Also, what kind of message does that send about you as a person? I'm not the type to ditch something/someone that I love.

• Is your girlfriend like five years old or something?

I've heard of pets getting jealous of humans, but not the other way around.

• Yes she is 5 years old than me

• I don't ever want a pet so it works fine for me but if I did I'd leave the pet. I don't care for animals that much. The only pet I'd get is a bird or something.

• Not because she won't even try...
    I was thinking that perhaps in a life or death situation, I could see it happening.. BUT never because someone's being a dick.

• My cat is a part of my family. Either accept him or it will not workout. Luckily my fiancee did accept my cats when I had 2 before one died last year.

• It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever give up my pets for someone else.

• No way, pets need you and any person willing to kill an animal is bad news! If you love pets and your girl doesn't than she isn't the one for you.

• No chance. My pet is here for life, even if it's a short life :(.

• If she is threatening to kill them dump her asap

• Kill them :d