Do you have any Australian Stereotypes that you think are real?

Type them down below, and i'll reply with answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a person that has never been to Australia or have met an Australian in person, I don't really have a stereotype for them. Things that come to mind of Australia however: Vegemite, kangaroos, koala bears, very big crocodiles, and that nature there wants to kill you. Ok, maybe not the last part... maybe... but from the pictures of some cities/areas, it seems very pretty and I wouldn't mind visiting one day.

• Pretty much spot on. Last part is kinda true. And Koalas aren't bears

• They are marsupials! :D
      I put "bear" after because I'm an idiot... but also because my friend calls me a cute koala bear

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• lol I'm here to listen :P

• Don't worry. I'm sure a lot of people (mostly Australians) are here to listen. :P

• What ARE some Australian stereotypes...
    I never knew there are any... but it makes sense everyone has ad least one...

• They all love vegimite, They all have koalas as pets.

• Awwwww That's cute! I'd like a Koala as a pet.
      But I'm always hot too... so that probably wouldn't work. o. O

• Relaxed, sporty (surfers ofcourse too), beachbodies, daring, tanned, adventurous and manly types of guys.
    I think they exist, cause Chris Hemsworth does! :P But there are probably loads of them at the beaches in Australia, right?

• Seems pretty true (except the tanned part). I'm not sure about manly, because I have no one to compare to, and not everyone can look like Chris :P

• When you say manly types of guys. I don't know how manly Americans or Europeans are.

• I am from Europe and I think most of them are. But ofcourse it depends a lot on the guy ofcourse.

• Well what i heard is there are mostly crazy people. We here dont really hear a lot about australia. the only news here were about people who were staying at houses of people, but then that householders killed them. My ebglish teacher said she was staying there and the hosueholders didn't want ger to leave, and they were crazy. But that were just rumors and this is the only thing i have heard about australia.

• Never heard those stories before. Probably fake. The only crazy people here are the ones who get really drunk, and the people recruited by ISIL (ISIS).

• That they're tan, I don't know. I don't think I know of an Australian stereotype.

Maybe they surf a lot, but that's really the idea behind any tropical beach area

• Now that I think about it... I'm surprised of how many people are not tanned :/. I suppose its because skin cancer is a serious problem over here.

• But once again I think that's a stereotype thy surrounds any brachytherapy or tropical island area

• I suppose so. I live in more of a suburban area, but still go to the beach at least once every year.

• That they're very relaxed and adventurous. Not sure though, because I've never been to Australia, but this is what I expect from the people.

• Most Australians are curious, so I suppose that leads to adventurous. I doubt many Australians are relaxed though.

• That they're all very tan and love to go to the beach. They're very patriotic? They all have koalas in their backyards.

One of My best friends is Australian and she tells me all these things are true. Except for the koala part

• The larger amount of the population is not tanned, because of skin cancer risks. We as a country Are the most patriotic beings that have ever existed (well, most of us.) and a koala would be a boring pet, because all it does is sleep and eat leaves.

• LOL koalas in our backyards hahah thats' adorable. :D

• Just here to see what people think about australia... don't mind me

• I'm half German, half Australian by the way.. so don't hold back or anything.. I want to know...

• theyre as blunt and offensive as Americans
    they're good looking
    they love to drink

• Most Australians are Idiots, and drink a lot too much. So that probably affects the blunt and offensiveness.

• Good looking
    Tanned
    Always at the beach? Haha

• Looks are for personal opinion. Surprisingly I only go to the beach about once per year. Probably because I live in a suburban area.

• That they hate brits and call us poms

• Well... Maybe. I'm pretty sure "pom" is mostly used around ashes time (Cricket).

• haha. My parents were in oz around the time of the ashes and the amount of "pom" abuse they got was unreal

• All the men look like the Hemsworths.

• That they are racist. I've been told by some Australians themselves

• You all surf

What Guys Said 8

• •The animals there really are quite deadly.
    •Australians are more American than Americans when it comes to cars. Utes with big V8's and lots of motorcycles.

• We have really deadly animals like spiders and snakes over here. Australians love cars! LOVE

• O the one about how every animal there can kill you is true or at least they have the capability.

• John Oliver said in one stand-up special that you people are bigoted against people from Lebanon. Is that true?

• They're hot. White. Accents. Vegemite. Laid back.

• Only about half the population likes Vegemite. We aren't all white. There are a lot of aboriginals and refugees living here.

• They say "Outback" a lot. They are proud of their criminal ancestors.

• The outback one is true. What Criminal Ancestors? Do you mean like Ned Kelly? I'm pretty sure the not many people like him.

• I understood that Great Britian dumped a lot of prisoners in Australia in the 1800s as a way of getting rid of them and colonizing Australia. i thought a lot of people there like to research who their ancestor was that got dumped off as a prisoner and were proud of it. I read it once.

• Ah, your talking about the first fleet. Well, we are told that the crimes were things as little as stealing a loaf of bread. From what I learned. The criminals are the ones who slaughtered and enslaved the Aboriginals (I. E the British). And for the the researching part. Australians mostly want to know about their ancestors who fought in the war.

• they love barbiques and spare ribs yum :D

• Yes a lot of the girls dont shave pussy

• I don't know the statistics... But I I've heard that a lot of women think it's very painful.

• Do they still marry? I assume some do, but eh...