Why do people believe what they are being told with out researching? Including what you learn in schools?

Real science disporves macro-evolution. One simple law of physics disproves the big bang. Its a fact that they cannot prove the Earth is any older than six thousand years old! The carbon dating system is flawed! They cannot prove how ild something is with carbon dating! Why do people just believe what they are told with out researching? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1437165746599100&set=gm.928833050516329&type=1&theater

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do people believe what they are being told with out researching? Including what you learn in schools?

Because school doesn't teach people to think, it teaches people to memorize. Also factor in that people are lazy, and then you've got an adult speaking to them from a position of authority, molding them with his/her personal biases. It's natural for people to hear something from a respected individual and just take it at face value. Students think why doubt the teacher, they spent their whole lives studying this subject so why question them?

The same could be said of this question, why should people believe the words of some annonymous guy on the internet whose only source is a Facebook page :/

• That's the point! I provide the source and information, do your own research! I have done mines! I also found out that God is real and a 6 day creation is factual! The Earth is not older then 6,000 years! Here are some well popular scientist who believe in God and creationism! www.icr.org/.../bible-believing-scientists-past

What Girls Said 1

• It was on face book so it must be true? lmao hahaha

What Guys Said 6

• At school even if I didn't agree with what was being taught, I've learnt the hard way not to refute the teacher and in the long run not to refute or teach someone who's assigned a particular job unless I'm the boss & even then let things take it's course before butting in - just being practical :)

Most of everything is a 'logical' assumption and as long as it's not getting in my way I won't bother with it ;)

• Mark 9:42
      And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

I wouldn't take a job where it would cost me my soul! The schools need to start to to educate about the fact that evolution is just a religion and not a science. Or why even teach it at all since it is absolutely ridiculous! Are you really going to sit there and tell me my ancestors were goats? Starfish? Yes, my great great great grandparents were starfish!

• Read the conclusions
    http://paleo.cc/paluxy/hammer.htm

By all means question science. Science is a process used to establish the truth, not a religion. current theory is falible... but jumping on psuedo science is just bullshit.

• Whats your point? You are showing me an article relating to the story of the hammer. The point of the post to recognize that carbon dating is flawed and does not really work! There is no proof what so ever that the earth is older then 6 thousand years! That is real science! End of story!

• You're doing the exact same thing. You're believing what those other creationists told you without researching it. every single claim of "scientific" creationists is has been debunked somewhere on the internet.

• I own a book called "The weird 100," by Stephen Spignesi. It aims to point out the arrogany hypocrisy of closed-minded skeptics by discussing 100 controversial phenomena. examples include alien abductions, bigfoot, crop circles... and creationism. The section for creationism debunks ten of the most used "proofs" that evolution is wrong.

1) THE CLAIM: "Evolution violates the second law of thermodynamics. Entropy (disorder) is always increasing. Since order does not arise out of chaos, evolution is therefore false."
      THE TRUTH: These statements conveniently ignore the fact that you CAN get order out of disorder if you add energy. For example, an unassembled bicycle that arrives at your house in a shipping carton is in a state of disorder. You supply the energy of your muscles (which you get from food that came ultimatley from sunlight) to assemble the bike. You have gotten order from disorder by supplying energy. The sun is the source of energy input to the Earth's living systems and

• If you won't listen to what I have to say, then I won't listen to what you have to say. Goodbye.

• You didn't say any dam thing. You pointed me to a forum where i have no patience to search what you want me to loo at. WHat, the forum is about the big bang? Anybody who believes in the big bang is a moron!

• The same reason why I'm an atheist and why I know that Vaccine's don't cause Autism. Because I haven't Experienced anything to prove my beliefs wrong.

• LOL... some people r just sooooo naive... that's y ^_^

• Did you take a glance at the picture?

• i dunno... don't know when it was found... so... :-/

• Lol, whatever Christian.