Are mens rights people pussies?

What rights do men lack?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1|1
    • Dont care what libertarians think... but mendont face any of the discrimination women still face.

• I'm not asking you to say anything... And just because something is tied to gender roles doesn't mean it needs feminism... it just means it needs equality.

• MISOGYNISTIC gender roles. Feminism is equality. Feminism is focused on females because the gender roles creating the inequality are based on women being the weaker sex. I swear I've explained that basically every time, and you still seem to be incapable of understanding that.

What Girls Said 8

• Men do lack rights though:
    To vote, men have go sign up for the draft in the United States
    - Men have little to no reproductive rights
    - a small percentage win child custody
    - Due to societal expectations male abuse/rape often goes unreported and they only recently got the right to do so since many legal definitions of rape excluded the potential for men to be victims.
    - men lack the right to bodily autonomy since millions of them get circumsized at birth

A study on men being coerced into sex:
    www.canada.com/.../story.html

Male victims of statutory rape are obligated to pay child support:
    www.ageofconsent.com/comments/numberthirtysix.htm

24001f40c213http://i.imgur.com/A6J9p1j.jpg

• i don't think these are as bad as what women went through historically. i won't say these are things to condone though... i think in honesty it's men who get threatened or annoyed who start these mens' rights things...

• falsified statistics peppered with fragrant lies

• @LauraMarx
      Well, not positive if the overrall statistics are correct or not but how are they lies..
      Also, of course feminists don't ever use exaggerated statistics and/or lies to perpetuate the myth that Western women have it worse than men do...*cough* wage gap *cough*
      What's next, you telling me that I've "internalized misogyny"?

• No, they're not. Just like feminism there are those of them that are batshit fucking insane and it gives them a bad name. Men have not been as discriminated against socially or institutionally, but that doesn't mean that they don't suffer in some systems (Family court comes to mind)

To me, if you're a men's rights activist who believes in equality for shit you've noticed is unfair... cool. And if you're a feminist who believes in equality for shit you've noticed is unfair... cool. For men especially (just because of the history of discrimination) it's just important to remember that someone making noise to be brought to your level is not persecution.

• sorry, but women started from a lower base. any discrimination against men is not as bad, either long ago or now.

i don't care if people don't like that, but then people need to get over it.

• I think it's worse against women, but I'm just saying it's okay for men to stand up for themselves in situations where they feel they're being slighting.

• I'll be more impressed with them when they start doing something other than just telling feminists how wrong they are.

But I would never say they were "pussies" or whatever.

• Fun fact: "pussy" comes from the word pussilanimous, meaning cowardly. So if the issue was that it's related to female genetalia, that's sort of not true. Many people think that, so usage does probably create issues, but that's not the origin.

• "Pussy" as in the insult, at least.

• @cipher42

I did not know that! How interesting!! It's strange how meanings change and merge.

• yeah lmao.

• Girls get away with a lot of shit. I'm an MRA all day every day!! :)

• I have no clue what you are even talking about...

• Lolol.. so where is it stated that i cannot comment? Fool.

• Your intention was rudeness.

• You are quite incorrect. My intention was to have you clarify your question

• no, it all just dwepends on how you go about getting what you want

• Wut?

I guess it depends on your country and area of that country. I have no idea what rights men lack in other countries.

What Guys Said 7

• Are mens rights people pussies? "people" not cats
    What rights do men lack? mostly custody rights of kids

• Not really think about it. Society really puts women in a powerful position. It's expected for men to pursue women and ask them out. Women then can reject or accept being asked out. The same for dating its expected for the man to pay for everything while women get a free ride. Also females being raped/abused by men is taken more seriously than woman raping/abusing a man. If I got punched by a female nobody would take it seriosly. However, if I punched a girl than guys would hop over fences to defend her.

• u mean thos MGOWT or wotever they called?

they should find an easier name in my opinion... LOL

• No, I don't think men's rights are people pussies.

• no they're not

• Does such a movement exist? I'm not aware of it.

• Yuuup. Well, mostly it's just a super anti-feminist movement pretending to be concerned for men's rights. But I don't actually know of anything constructive they've gotten done, at least not on the level of feminism. And they're certainly less intersectional.

• I would think women are more likely to be Anti-Feminist, since Feminism doesn't affect men.

• Men's rights are people pussies!