When the right for abortions is given should men also be allowed to opt-out of any responsibility and claim to the child if the mother decids to keep?

• Yes
    56% (5)83% (10)71% (15)Vote
  • No
    44% (4)17% (2)29% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. An agreement to have sex is not in itself an agreement to assume parental responsibilities.

By contrast, if two people have actually agreed to have a child, one person shouldn't be allowed to break the agreement without the other's consent.

In other words, abortion should be allowed, unless the woman has previously agreed to have a child and the man refuses to allow the agreement to be undone. And the man should be allowed to refuse to pay child support, unless he has previously agreed to have a child and the woman refuses to allow the agreement to be undone.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• yes, but that opt-out has to be permanent and uncontestable. make the decision and never come near that kid.

2|3
    0|0
  • I agree but I would also like to see better sex education, less expensive abortions, no waiting periods for abortions, and no special clinics for abortions. They should be readily and locally accessible so that a woman can make an appointment and be done in a few hours.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men already have the right to sign over all responsibility and parental rights to the woman to begin with. It's nothing new lol

1|1
    0|0
    • You can still force them to pay child support. This would rule out that possibility ever

• @WesTheGuru if someone signs over all parental rights making it legally unable to be apart of that child's life that also means financially.

• hen the right for abortions is given should men also be allowed to opt-out of any responsibility and claim to the child if the mother decids to keep?
    A. Yes

Guys already have that ability it's called waiving parental rights.

0|0
    0|0
    • No, child support is required if she decides to take you to court.

• No it's not as waiving your rights removes any legal responsibility to the child.

• No. He was there when she was.

They made the decision together and knew the risks. Responsibility BEFORE the action is what's needed here.

He chose to father a child.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• No, because it always takes two people to make a child. Guys who just want to opt-out are basically saying "it's not my problem". But it is. You had sex with that girl, you were too lazy to wear a condom or talk about birth control with your girl, you shot your cum in her pussy, voilĂ , it's obviously also YOUR child. If the child gets to be born and live, it deserves being taken care of by both its "creators". At the very, very least financially. In my opinion, everyone who is +15 years old knows what kind of responsibility comes with having a child (they might not know it in reality, but they have been told about it). Therefore, we expect them to decide whether they can and want to take care of a child or not.
    As for abortion, I think this is a somewhat different topic. Obviously, abortion should always be decided by both the mom and the dad at equal measures. If a couple can't decide, I think the woman should have the veto because it is her body. In that (rather sad) situation, the dad should be able to opt-out socially (telling his girl that he doesn't want to raise the child) but he should still have to pay because he's still responsible for making it. The only situation where it should be okay for the dad to opt-out completely (also financially) is if the parents know already during pregnancy that the child is going to have a severe disability. Since raising a child with a disability can be both expensive as well as emotionally exhausting, a mother should be able to keep it if she wants to but a father should also be able to opt-out of his responsibilities because he could not have anticipated this at the time of conception and was thus not able to prevent it.

0|0
    0|0
    • What about women who lie about birth control to their men? What about condoms that break or birth control that fails?

You're only seeing this one way. There are many ways this can happen

• Abortions should not be legal

1|3
    1|1
    • Legal or not, abortions would still happen. Legal abortions are the lesser of two evils.

• They should t though, every single kid of abortion should be illegal

• What about the even more controversial debate of he wants the kid but she does not, even if she can sign her rights away and no money or anything, is it still her right with her body, but his kid?

0|0
    0|0
    • But ya, I think it is already that way anyway, she can take you to court, but if sing away rights, the guy will win

• yes... 8)

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy gets a girl pregnant he has to take some responsibility for it. Abortion isn't a Get Out of Jail Free card for guys.

0|0
    0|3
    • Problem is, you can't tell guys, "Hey, you had sex, you got her pregnant, now man up and be a responsible parent, this is really important" while you go over to the woman and say, "Hey, stuff happens, you can just kill the kid if you don't want to deal with it."

• Condoms and the pill are only 99% effective.

• Actually you can because it's the woman who's pregnant so if she wants an abortion that is her right.

• Yes, but if she decides to keep it and it's your child that's pretty fucked up to want to not care for it...

0|0
    0|0
  • if they do they can't get back into the kids life at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I just wish people were more responsible to begin with.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0