Should I quit my job even if I want to work there in the future?

I'm 15 and I got a job 2 months ago. I don't need the money as my parents are fine with helping me pay for things at this age. my work stresses me out and I dread going. I only work once a week for roughly 4 and half hours so I barely work anyway. i have mental breakdowns before I get to work, but once I'm there it's not terrible. the main problem is I have anxiety and this job involves a fast paced envirenment and I can feel my co worker getting annoyed because I'm new and don't know what I'm doing. I wasn't properly trained I was basically just thrown into the job. I got the job from my friends mother who is friendly with the owner and he needed more people working since many were leaving for college. I don't mind the job, but it's just really stressing me out right now. I'd rather work there 2-3 years from now when I'm not as stressed out. I just really don't know what to do because I know I can't just quit and come back when I feel like it. suggestions? my next shift is in less that 2 hours and I'm so bleh about it. I've been crying for the past 2 hours it's so pathetic but I just feel so helpless. don't make fun of me please just someone tell me what to do. my family is so proud of me for getting a job and I don't want to let them down.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to your boss about how you feel like you weren't properly trained. She will probably be happy to make sure you know what you're doing. There is always an adjustment period in a new job. You're only working 4 hours a week, that's not much at all.

What Guys Said 2

• 15 and job? how's dat possible?

• Quit that job. and don't start until you finish college

What Girls Said 4

• Have you told your mom about how stressed out you're getting? It sounds like it's time to invest in therapy

• I've had two different therapists but I'm not comfortable to talking about my problems to anyone which makes it even more difficult

• Well your therapist is there to help you. I know it's really hard but if you're having problems with 4 hours a week what are you going to do with 40 hours a week later? This is something that is easier to with now rather than later. You're already super brave to talk about it here. Look how many people you talked to! What's one person to 5?

• You should do what you think is best for you right now.

• If it's bothering you, put in your 2 week notice. Jobs don't mind people coming back to work for them only if you've left on good terms.

• 15? I really think you should finish your school first, you'll get better job after that. for me, education is the priority at your age, then the other stuff. list down the pro and cons of your choices (to quit or to stay) and you'll find it's easier to decide after making the list.