I'm sick of feminism (actually read desc.)?

Now, I'm all for gender equality and eliminating gender roles and all that but I'm tired of getting generalised all the time. If you're simply stating an accurate statistic then I have no problem but getting bunched together with other rapists and misogynists is starting to get to me. I'm not like one of these bitter menenists, who take up a good portion of this website. I just want everyone to be equal, and to be treated equally. There must be another equal rights movement that doesn't involve being in the same group as a "feminazi" (the man-hating kind of feminist). It's too exhausting, to be honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• You say you're tired of being generalized but your entire post is about generalization. I feel like a need a #notallfemists tag to read this.

I've been a feminist for 5 years and guess how many "feminazis" I've met? None. It's incredibly frustrating to have your movement described to you by people who don't even want to understand it.

• Where did I generalise? I separated feminazi from feminist?
      I've met plenty on the Internet (not many feminists where I'm from). Do you have a better description than the one I've apparently given?

• there is real feminists but the mere fact that "feminazis" also consider themselves feminists make me not want to be in the same category as them because they make it hard for me to be both male and a feminist ally. (not trying to avert the attention to males or anything but that's how i feel. it's hard to support people who ridicule you, y'know?) but yes i see now that i should have said it differently, my bad.

• By not getting involved you're letting those other people win though. You're letting radicals take away your voice which is unfair to you personally and goes against our goal of equality. You're letting the "meninists" win because they can point to you and say see even a normal guy is reviled by the evil feminists!

That's a problem for you and for us! Problems need to be fixed. They can't be fixed if no one ever hears about them though.

I personally don't believe in sit quietly back and support from the shadows. It doesn't work with LGBTetc rights, it doesn't work with racism, and it's not going to work with sexism. You need pressure from within and outside to start seeing change or it's going to devolve into us vs them. Of course it is your choice to decide how you want to support something.

Nw! I'm actually glad we got this chance to talk and I could see the cool ideas you have! No one starts out perfect and it should be an adventure finding out how we can all do better :)

Most Helpful Guy

• what im largely sick of are people who give feminism a bad name. I don't identify as a feminist mainly because there are too many feminazis masquerading as moderates these days, and I'd rather not be tied to all that

What Girls Said 5

• I'd just focus on the ideas and issues you believe in, and forgo identifying with groups. If you see something that will be helpful to improving the lives of men and boys, be supportive of that. If there's something else that would be helpful to the lives of girls and women, be supportive of that too. Just keep in mind fairness and equality, and go from there. I think people are too polarized about these things.

• dont get your black panthers mixed in with your MLK's and Rosa Parks... its easy to get discouraged and I am aware that some feminists take it too far. Try to bear with it, women are very strong under duress, (imagine crazy girlfriends) we mean well but when misogynists shot us down repeatedly and make us feel like trash our frustrations make the enemy look like all men not the ones our anger should really be directed at

• I feel you man.

• 0|0
    • Easy to say when you're female

• Hahaha. The world is against balence. It's always one extreme or the other. People used to not hire black people to work. The government stepped in and made it so X% had to be non-white. Now if you had 10 job openings 10 good white workers in your area, but had to hire at least 4 non-white people that's racist. You looked at the color of the white person's skin and said they could have the jobs because 4/10 had to be non-white.

It used to be woman stayed home and took care of the household whilst her husband was away. Some men abused their wives and refused to accommodate their desire for freedom. Now we have woman abusing men by not allowing them to show their character before lumping them in with perverts and pull the 'woman' card to get what they want.

• How is it that a girl this young is this mature?

• Us humans will end up killing ourselves before world peace is achieved unfortunately.

• I'm a Christian so I believe God will end the world when the time is right and judge the humans.

What Guys Said 4

• You could try MRA if you're a man. Or actually join an egalitarian group (don't know if any exist).
    But yeah, every movement has it's raw apples. Some more, some less. The problem with feminism is that they either don't want to get rid of the feminazis or just don't care either out of indifference or actually silently agreeing with them. I have said this before, in order for the normal feminists (if there are any) to no be lumped together with the radicals, feminism has to become an actual organization with membership. That way, if it's founded by normal feminists, they'll keep out the men bashing sexist, or if it's founded by the other side of the coin then we'll at least know to not take them seriously any more.

• I wouldn't join a men's rights movement because I'm not "anti-feminist" so to speak. I think I'll just call myself an egalitarian instead.
      You make a very good point. Hopefully one day feminism is seen for what it actually is and the man-haters are thrown to the gutter. I can only hope at this point though

• You do realize that this 'meninism' isn't actually legitimately real. Meninism came from some internet site like 9gag or something where the basement dwelling neck-beards bash women out of bitterness. But MRAs are in no way connected with these meninists.

• Oooooh. Well, I have certain feminists to thank for misinforming me lol

• ok bro... but rn't u afraid that u might b considered anti-feminist or even misogynist? :-/

• I'm not anti-feminist or misogynistic. I fully support what feminism supposedly stands for but it seems like it's not what it says on the tin.
      If someone thinks I'm a misogyny because I don't consider myself feminist then I'll let them. I've been called a misogynist even when I've considered myself a feminist ally. Not much difference, really.

• Tis called egalitarianism.

• I agree with you. Modern feminism no longer fights for equality when you have women saying that all men are "rapists", "cheats", "abusers", "perverts and so on, and wanting to empower females than focus on gender equality.

• Females do need empowerment to be fair. They've been taught to hate themselves and be ashamed of their body for most of their lives. They've been told that they have to be/look a certain way or they lose value.
      Men aren't as self-conscious about our bodies as much as women

• What I meant by "empower" was females having more rights than men.

• In a radical way.