I think I have DID (Dissociative identity disorder) without being diagnosed/knowing it. Do you think I need to go to a professional for help ASAP?

to see for myself?

I actually have been diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder when I was a small child but I think the doctors may have misdiagnosed my mental disorder because I feel that I have is much more than just BP disorder.

Whenever I log on here on GAG, I tend to forget many of the questions that I've asked, then took a look at all my questions which were all in different tones. Depending on my mood, I switch from a friendly guy to an intellectually neutral guy, to a baby boy with constant laughter thinking of his mommy, to a paranoid schizophrenic man, to a self-hating male, to a rageful and bitter misogynist (with some homicidal thoughts), to a racist (with some homicidal thoughts) and to a suicidal teen boy. All of these mood switches cause me to ask multiple offensive and controversial questions that gets my questions reported and banned, which is the reason why I always ask questions on Girlsaskguys anonymously so I don't suffer from possible cyberbullying.

There has been a few times where I've blacked out, had periods of lost time and switched personalities in real life (from what I've been told by a few friends) but LUCKILY, none of my real life personality switches were violent ones, plus I'm very subtle with my DID (people with dissociative disorders are nothing like Hollywood movies portray us). Still, I feel very ashamed of myself deliberately offending everyone here on GAG and now I think my personality is starting to switch to a suicidal boy because of my shameful mood. I just can never live a normal life with my mindset.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• D. I. D. isn't out of the question here. You could even have some deep neurological issues but finding those requires time and many tests. Whatever the cause may be it's definitely heavier than BP because that is more than just heavy mood swings and you need to see a professional. Especially if you've had any major head trauma or gone through major abuse or anything traumatic.

What Girls Said 2

• You certainly need to go to a professional!

• You should see a professional but it could still be at a high degree of bipolarity. But ho back to a professional he/she"ll help you better than I

What Guys Said 2

• if u think u should go, and it might come helpful... do it bro :-)

• There is no reason why you shouldn't seek help. You can only do so much by yourself to keep it from spiralling out of control.