Girls, what would you think if a guy said he wanted to stop being physical with you but was still interested in seeing you?

Long story short- I was seeing someone and we agreed to take things slow because I had gotten really hurt from my previous relationship (my ex basically used me for sex) so it made sense not to rush anything. But we ended up moving a lot faster than any of us expected. We recently got into a heated argument about "what are we" which ended in him saying that he really enjoys spending time with me but to avoid me feeling hurt/used, he suggested that we stop hooking up but continue to see each other.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this is a great idea.

Until you guys can take it slow, which it can be really hard to do when you enjoy sex and have a person you're attracted to right there, then why not stop the hook ups?

Lots of people are in relationships and don't have sex or stick their hands all over the other person's body. This happens ALL the time. A friend is in a relationship like this right now. It just takes motivation and patience.

He is trying to respect you and he cares about you.

This is a good sign.

What Girls Said 12

• I think he is doing you a great thing. Cut out the sex and get to know you without it. Treat you like a real human and not just his sex aid anymore. I mean who else does it these days? They would just drop you like a potato and move on to the next available vagina.

• If he doesn't want to hurt you or give you the wrong idea its because he's not interested in dating you. Personally, everytime I've gotten into a relationship there have been no doubts on the guys part. You should try to stop looking at this guy romantically and start to see him as more of a friend. If he wanted to date you, first of all you wouldn't have even had the "what are we" talk, you would have already known it was going there, and secondly it DEF wouldn't have been an argument, it would have been a happy conversation. You should be happy he's not a dog using you like the last guy but just because he is decent to you doesn't mean he wants to be your boyfriend.

• He sounds like he doesn't know what he wants. If you were the one asking "what are we" then it definitely sounds like he doesn't know what he wants you to be. So, he is wanting time to see how he feels.

• That he basically would like it if our relationship was friendly... Because two opposite sex people hanging out and spending time together without getting physical, is basically two friends... lol

• In my point of view, that's pretty AWESOME! He's not using for only sex, he's actually into you and like the way you are inside! 👌

• Red flag he wants to sleep with someone else but wants to hang on to you with a short leash in case it doesn't work out with the other girl

• He's thinking of you, and putting your needs first. I'd be relieved if I were you.

• that sounds weird..

• he just dosent want to hurt you like your ex did but if you want to still then tell him be honest

• Sounds like friends.

• That's smart. That lets you know that he's not in it just for sex and that he cares about you guys relationship. He doesn't want the same thing that happened with you and your ex to happen again with you and him

• I would think he probably has someone else for the sex.