Can a guy really smell if you are on your period?

So this girl and I were in love a while back. I would never want to embarrass her! I would just suck it up if it meant keeping her from being embarrassed. But one day we were walking home and when I got close to her, this smell, I can't even discribe, but it was so bad I couldnt breath in. my nose just wouldn't let me, At first I thought it was something we walked by, and I didn't say anything. Then i smelled it again, so I got close to her and took a whif... It was definitely her. She asked what was wrong and I asked if she used a different shampoo, she didn't. She couldnt smell it. No one else could smell it, JUST me. I couldnt even be around her that day. I felt TERRIBLE!! Like, "babe, I can't breath around you" She was so embarrassed to say the least. This was the only time it happened too.

Later I found out she was on her period that day. Is this what I was smelling?

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably was. If she wears napkins instead of tampons, it triples 3x the smell and is a sign she needed to change and needs to wash under there MORE while on her period. It's usually the worst the first 2 days cause u bleed the most. When I'm on my period I try not to have my legs open when sitting. I'd encourage her to get some of those ALWAYS scented wipes for "down there". It always helps if you're outside all day/night on your period and it helps clean it and smell fresh.

What Girls Said 3

• I really doubt it!

• I can always smell when I'm on my period, always. But no one else can.
    But it really depends on the person and their body

• I seriously doubt it, unless you were dating a girl who didn't take care of her hygiene.

What Guys Said 3

• LOL... nope i cannot tell by smell :-P

• Either she had some kind of awful blood funk going on or your have a hyper sensitive nose.

• maybe u got a dog nose (supr strong)