Do you guys believe in God?

I am a born and raised Roman Catholic. I used to be very religious, although so many terrible things happen in life that I carry a lot of doubt. Yes, terrible things that occur are not necessarily God's fault, but he can control it if he truly wanted to. To make me sound like a terrible person, in actuality, I stopped praying to God because I never got what I wanted. Yes, you do not pray in order to fulfill your wishes, you pray to cleanse your soul and bless those around you. So, I want to hear your takes.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I think God exists, but he lets us learn by not really helping us. We have to learn to be independent. People can disagree with me here so yeah go on with your opinions here as I will not bother your ideas of him as I will not argue on your ideas on him whatever it is pretty much so. :).

What Guys Said 22

• God is no different than the Boogey Man or Santa Clause. God is a fictitious construct that created to enforce various interpretations of morals and values through fear and eternal suffering after death. There is no substantial evidence supporting the existence of God.

• Which one? Here, pick your choice:
    wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...eve-in1.jpg

(that list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)
    Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: o pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're all jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them. That makes for many sufferings.

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, sasquatch, UFO's, Loch Ness Monster, Ogo Pogo, psychics, witches, chupacabres, vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, baron samedi, god, satan, angels etc either.

Why not?
    The same reason you don't believe in the Easter Bunny.

• Leaving behind the debate about whether or not god exists, I think one should live their own life, make their own choices, deal with their own responsibilities. To me the bible (and its equivalent in other religions) is just a "guide", rules of thumb, so to speak. "morals for dummies", if you will. To take every word in it literally is close minded and missing the point.

• Like you I was born a catholic but in my teens I couldn't get my head around logic of the religion so I left and don't believe in God now.

• You cannot force it, I guess it is supposed to come naturally.

• You don't know how to pray. The catholic church does not teach you about God like other faiths. To learn how to pray read the book "Magic".

You know that you were born to die and on your path and journey through life you will encounter difficult times which you need to experiance to move on to the next test.

• no coz he doesn't believe in me 8)

• I'm more spiritual I'm confused about religion, i pray to the Lord Jesus but I'm not

a strict Christian never will be i don't know what to think?

• Nah I don't. And sometimes I have a hard time respecting that other people do because it can be borderline delusional at times. If people find peace in it that's okay I guess. But remember, they are basically nothing more than fairy tales for adult people.

• I do but I totally understand what you're saying. The religious people I know believe everything happens for a reason, it's all part of God's benevolent plan. But when you look at the world, it all seems so random and meaningless. People die the most horrible, empty deaths from natural disasters and stuff. Children are born with terrible deformities or conditions that force them to spend their short lives in hospitals. Humans didn't cause these things. No amount of goodness can stop them from happening, so what is the point? I read somewhere that even Mother Teresa went through periods of doubting the existence of God. So I think it's pretty normal.

Can only hope that there is a reason for all this which will someday be revealed. Keep in mind that Jesus prayed in the garden that God would take away his suffering. So not even he could get his wish granted by God. :(

• You should really read the apologetic works of C. S. Lewis. I wrote an entire essay on why: sin-and-love.deviantart.com/.../C-S-Lewis-532609878 Frankly, I'm surprised that there's even a single atheist left in the world.

• Yes I do and always will

• Yes, I seriously do believe in God

• Ummm i am stuck between yes and no...😀

• Yes I believe in The Creator even though many might think I am mad.

• Personally I don't. I find it very hard to believe the claims most religions make.

• YES I am very religious AlhamdlelAllah and I love God

• Who is God? and I voted yes.

• No, i do not.

• I do. He is more alive than you and me.

• Nope, fortunately my parents are athiests so I wasn't given this burden

• yes i do and always will and ima tell you this right now 90% of my prays get answered
    i ask and he does it no issue but than again i dont ask for much either simple things
    what i want you too do is i want you too pray and ask god for something meaningful
    and be serious talk to him like you would talk to anybody else and i want you too write down what you prayed for and wait it will come just be patience, also the rain falls on the just and the unjust God is no respecter of person

• Heck yea I do

What Girls Said 15

• I do believe in God.. my profile pic is a quote saying something in regards to prayer..
    Never test nor question God like that (about controlling or do this or do that)..
    I advice you to read Matthew 4:1-11.. it also answers your question..
    the devil tempted Jesus asking Him that if God is real, He should turn the stone into bread, to jump off the cliff and let angels save Him, and other temptation too, testing his faith for existence of God..
    What happened before, what is happening now, and what will happen later, it is all written already in the Holy scripture..

• I believe in God, and want a closer relationship with Him. But it's difficult sometimes, in terms of not being motivated to read the Bible, follow His ways etc. But I'm working towards that and hopefully I'll get stronger in my faith. I can understand stopping praying because you're not getting what you want xx

• Honestly I don't know. I was raised in a religious environment, but... I just don't know what to believe anymore.

• When bad things happen in your life, it is not God's fault. Yes he can prevent them from happening but your have to FULLY trust in him. Sometimes when bad things happen, it could be that he is testing you to see if your faith is truly in him. I have learned that. People who believe in God and stop trusting in him cause there life is not going how they want is just sad, he never gave up on us, why should we give up on him? I trust God no matter what I go through in life, there is always a purpose.

• I was raised Christian and used to go to church. But then grew up and realized that god probably doesn't exist and that if he does I hate him

• Yes. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for us. I grow up in a Christian household and i do believe but calling myself a Christian would be disrespectful to God i would like to call myself that once i believe i am one as of now i cannot say that i am one.

• I believe in God and I love God.

• Yes. I am religious. God doesn't stop bad things because he gives us agency.

• It's harder to believe in God when things don't go your way. But no matter how awful things get-just remember there's always someone going through something worse than you. I think God gives up on people who give up on him.

• nope. :D
    ...

• Yes, I do.

• I don't believe in God or Jesus or any sort of religious figure at all.

• Yes. I was raised a christian.

• there's only one god and his name is death.

• I'm not sure...