Is it possible to be a doctor even if you're not a genius?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to be a genius, but if you want to be a successful and qualified doctor then at least you have to be somehow smart.

What Guys Said 13

• depends on what type of doctor. Some areas have higher criteria than othrrs. Reguardless you don't need to be a genius but you do need to be slightly above average intelligence and dedicated/driven.

• Yes, I've known a few who were idiots.

• OlderandWiser more like BitterOldMan

• No, when I was younger, I worked at a psychiatric facility. One psychiatrist had diabetes and committed suicide. The chief child psychiatrist was arrested for possession of cocaine and child pornography. One of our psychiatric social workers was fired for having a homosexual affair with a patient. Our chief psychiatric resident became engaged to a lower level worker (my friend) and then moved to another city without telling her. I'm not bitter. . . and some of them were idiots.

• Of course you can do anything with hard work and perseverance. Just study hard I have a friend who is a medical student and he says its pretty difficult but doable.

• Yes in know a woman went to our local colleges to become a doctor

and know living in Norfolk Va making lot of money she even had her own practice

sold her practice and moved away.

• Yes I think so. If you have good memorization skills and know how to read and look for symptoms. But an okay doctor just works the books while a great doctor has the people skills as well, so you can have a true discourse that benefits both practitioner and patient.

Doctor's are not geniuses in the same way ground-breaking scientists are.

• if u can memorize da knowledge from da books... then... YEAH 8)

• Absolutely. Some of the smartest people are not doctors but then again some of the dumbest people I know are doctors. It's always a toss up. If you are a hard worker that can process a lot of information on little rest then you should be fine.

• As a doctor... yes. The entry exams are indeed difficult, but if you can get past those medical school is hard work as there is a lot of content but the actual work isn't difficult.

• Thank you so much 😊

• Yes, but you'll have to work VERY hard for many years. If you're not a lazy person and never had too much trouble getting through high school/college with good grades, then medical school is a viable option.

• Yes I think so I went to science class with a lot of pre-meds. You just have to study hard not naturally smart

• Yes, all you have to do is try your hardest. You always get what you work for provided you never give up.

• Thank you so much 😊

• If you are average intelligence you will have to work harder, but you can achieve it

• I think a genius would be bored with the memory work.

What Girls Said 3

• I've been to some pretty stupid doctors in my time. I wondered how in hell they even got through medical school when they came in to the examining room with untied shoes and could barely spell their own names on my prescriptions.

• Ohh yess.

There are a lot of idiots that claim to know it all because they have an MD or Dr. behind their name.

• Yes, it's possible.