How can I get him to give me an extra credit assignment?

I currently have an 85.4% in an honor English class, and I've been getting straight A's since fifth grade. I have a paper due in a week and a half and still have to take the final. I did the math by using estimations based off of past grades, and there's no way in the Sahara that I can get up to an 89.5% by the time grades are due. I also missed an extra credit assignment because it was offered before the grades that brought me down to a B from an A- went in the grade book; at the time, I didn't need the extra credit. I asked my teacher what it would take for me to get back up to an A, and he said "do really well on the paper", but the math shows that even THAT won't get my grade back up. It also doesn't help that my teacher gave us NO PARAMETERS for what should be in the paper except for some topic choices. He is stubborn and a tough grader. What should I do? by the way, I'm gonna ask him tomorrow if I can do extra credit, again...

Most Helpful Guy

• ask again and again until he does it or says stfu

What Guys Said 1

• I had the same thing last year. I just had to suck up and ask to retake a test. Try to do the same with something that will bring your grade up, and cross your fingers.

What Girls Said 1

• just keep asking!

• He's also my tennis coach, so I don't want to pester him too much, other wise he could take it out on me next season... So do you mean be persistent without being obnoxious?