I despise cops. Give me one good reason not to?

I hate them. Lately, police have been murdering people with no reason, and no punishment. Just because you wear a stupid badge, doesn't mean you can do whatever the hell you want.

I'm honestly really pissed off about the entire police force. They're all assholes. All the kids who were bullies at my elementary/middle, and high school want to be police when they grow up. Conicidence? I think no.

They are meant to serve and protect. They rarely serve others (mostly themselves) and only protect in extreme emergeny situations (and sometimes not even then).

Give me a reason to have ANY respect for them at all...

Most Helpful Guy

• Ignorance. Do you have any idea what an officer deals with on a day to day basis, especially now with the media making them all look bad? Out of all the cops in this country, only a FEW bad eggs have done something wrong. Every profession has its bad eggs and let me tell you, they get rid of them. Crooked cops, the media and people like you are making the jobs of innocent cops much harder than it needs to be. You cannot blame the whole for the actions of the individual. Do you honestly believe cops are going out and looking for people to shoot? It sounds to me like you stuck to one story you heard on the news and decided you hate cops. You need to educate yourself. Cops go out and put their lives on the line EVERY DAY and all you can do is say you hate them all because a FEW cops made extremely bad decisions. We have cops getting shot by ignorant people who also hate cops. INNOCENT people getting shot while on the job just becuase a few cops made them all look bad. God forbid you get robbed or your house gets broken into. Who are you going to call then? I hope you remember the "assholes" when something happens.

Don't let the news define life for you. I say to hell with the cops who have gone down the wrong path and all my love and respect to the ones who STILL protect and serve even after the increased danger and hate towards them.

What Guys Said 9

• you're being stupid. having a bad attitude towards a cop is going to make them very nervous and thats when things can get physical. most cops are not D-bags they are there to genuinely ensure the safety of others.

all you have to do is behave, treat cops with respect and you will be ok

• How do they deserve respect?

• *shot

• there are over 1.2 million police officers in the USA 4 or 5 bad cops does not mean you should hate them all.

should I hate all woman because one or 2 broke my heart.
      should you hate all black people because a handful are bad
      should you hate all white people because a handful are white supremacists
      should you hate all arabs because a handful are terrorists.

NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!

Controversial incidents get media coverage!! its that simple

• The cops have been there for many times in my life and I am thankful for them. Not all cops are bad people. One of my best friends dad is a State Trooper. He's a great man and a good role model. The only time you hear of cops shooting people is when it's white on black. The media and liberal left love to make cops look bad.

• Occupational bigotry is among the newest, most cutting edge discrimination practices in the United States.

• Alright. You hear a woman getting beaten by her husband next door. Who do you call?

• Did you read my question? I said they sometimes are useful in extreme circumstances. But most are in it for the wrong reasons (as far as I can see)

• You probably think everything is shitty.

• Nope. Just cops. 95% of girls would never date one either.. I've asked all my friends and they said they'd be too afraid XD

• With any career there will be both good and bad people. For every bully there is someone else trying to make a positive change.

• Me and cops don't mix. I feel more paranoid then safe around cops. However I feel they are a necessary evil. When shots go off, and you're not carrying (which most people aren't) you're gonna wish the cops would show up real quick.

• Ya.. they make people fear them. That's basically called a school-yard bully.
      Here in Canada.. guns are illegal.

(I've been living in the US for only 2 years and I find some of these cop stories horrific)

• their job is to make the black community look bad.

that's what white supremacy wants.

• They deal with people all day every day that fight them npand cause trouble. Without the police, that thug Mike Brown would be taking everything he wants, and that includes from you and your family. Gangs will be everywhere shooting up everything. You just don't understand.

• Because they have a penis... Most of them anyway...

• That's not a reason. It is funny, however

• Sorry 😳

What Girls Said 7

• Because you're dumb, ignorant to a fault, and extremely lacking in enough information to back up your opinion. Shut up, sit in a corner, do your homework, and come back to the internet when you have a clue of what's going on the in world.

• One of us doesn't have a clue, and I don't think it's me.
      Have you seen the news lately? Apparently not.

• Do you not know anything about the news? I don't care which station you watch, they are all biased and twist information to suit their needs. You never hear about cops doing good because that's not what rakes in the dough and spikes the ratings. People eat violence up like candy and so that's what fox, CNN, MSNBC, or whatever reports. The government also uses the news as a distraction tool to make us ignore other shit going on. Watching the news doesn't mean you know a damn thing.

• Where I live I've never had problems with police and I've never been in a position where I was stopped or harassed by police.
    What's happening in America is terrible, but there are good cops too. And dealing with riots isn't an easy task

• The things you've mentioned apply to a small minority of cops, not all of them. Whether you like them is irrelevant, honestly.

• It's not a small minority. And yes, I know that whether I like them is irrelevant. But people being shot 14 times for no reason all across the nation is relevant hun

• pretty much. Just turn on the news/read an article and you see police officers murdering (mostly black men) for no apparent reason.

• That's a minority of police officers.

• Not ALL of them are like that!

• That's like saying you hate all Germans because of Hitler and all the nazis. It's ignorant to speak that way.

Just because some or even most that you've encountered have giving you bad experiences, and reasons to anger, it does not mean you should put them all on the same sinking boat. Just like there are bad cops, there are also good ones, and we are all individuals. Others actions should not determine a group a whole.

• I've never seen/talked to or heard of a good cop. Just sayin'

• Because in real life, good things go unnoticed, whereas bad stuff makes headlines.

• Stop believing everything the news says. They make it out like they are all bad. That's how pit bulls got their bad rep.
    They only tell the climax and not the whole story

• One came in the store and bought little cherry pies for the community service workers because he didn't want to eat one in front of them and them not get anything.
      People are so ignorant now, believing everything they hear.

• All the kids want to become police officers, firefighters and super heroes when they grow up. Very few actually do.
    Unless you're one of the beagles team, i. e. playing for the wrong time, I don't see why you would hate cops.