Are dreadlocks allowed in British schools?

Im planning on getting dreads over the summer and im moving to britain and i wonder if they would be ok with the school i also have a tattoo. am i ganna be asked to cover it?

0|0
1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• "Good" schools will make you get rid of them, "bad" schools can't control the kids so they don't bother with things like that because they've got enough on their plate just trying to scrape the kids through with D grades and still alive at the end of it. lmao

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• In my school no one had problem s with dreadlocks, if you're a rasta then they can't stop you for religious reasons.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• depends what level you're studying at, college and university are very lax with dress codes so having tattoos and dreadlocks will be fine. lower levels have strict dress codes

0|0
    0|0
    • highschool

• yeah you won't be allowed tattoos in secondary (high) school you need to be 18 to get them here anyway and highschool in the uk is 11/12 - 15/16, im not sure about dreadlocks though as they can be viewed as cultural. At my school they were allowed if kept neatly in a ponytail with no coloured threads or beads, i went to a private school so im not sure about what others would say.