Guys, I sort of asked a guy to be my boyfriend. We haven't "talked". What should I do?

I recently asked this guy-who a while back told me he liked me- We have been texting. Not often as before... so I asked if we should be a couple. He didn't reply. So the following day I said/texted. That I would take his silence as a no. But then he replied and said he had to attend an important matter. So, I asked him again and he said "I don't know, lol" I figured that was a polite no. So I replied back "lol". We haven't texted. He hasn't... So, what should I do? What does it mean?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems to me like he's a lost cause. Though, I can't say that I think asking him over text was a good idea, if he wanted to be with you, he would be with you and not ignore you, then finally reply with "Idk, lol"
    sounds like he's a waste of time and nothing near ready for any serious relationship. You want my advice? Forget about him. Do not even attempt to chase around the idea, otherwise you appear immature and desperate. if he finally decides to give you a serious answer, tell him to step off and that he lost his chance.

• Step off! I shall tell him. I was asking since a guy a knew has come into my life and I wasn't sure where we stood. So now I got my answer.

What Guys Said 15

• Makers aksing until he gives u a a answer because I belive he wants you but doesn't know who to say yes. It's like a dog chasing cars. If the dog acuality caught he wouldn't know what to do with it. So keep goning at it until you get a real answer. Just because every one on here will be like oh just leave it alone. Well they told me I was friend zoned my this girl and i had no chance so I should move on. But I stay at it and now I know I'm not feaindzoned and she Diane have feelings for me. So don't give up because not everyone situation is the same. U can't write a book on how people feel about you just because they act a certain way. So I at just stick with it until he give you a straight up answer. Because anything is possible. And never give up because someone say you should. I know the only reason you asked this question is because deep down you don't wanna give up.

• True. But he has been acting distant. And I only asked to see if I was right about this feeling I had. I would like to try. But I guess deep down it won't help.

• So. I kept my distance. And I think he thought I didn't like him at all. And now he's ignoring me. So what now? Do I just move on and forget him? Without knowing what I did wrong? I've asked but he doesn't tell me.

• I know it hurts to be ignored by the one you want the most. But see people are so unpredictable with feelings. But if he keeps ignoring you than I say move on. And I know how hard that is to do when you really want to be with someone. I know you don't wanna give up on the things you want in life even if they give up on you. But sometimes you have to give up and let certain things go if you don't seem to be making any progress. But don't give up just yet. let him know you only kept your distance because you assumed he wanted some space. And let him know how much you care about him and that you aplogize for making him feel like he has to ignore you for reasons he won't admit. Let him no the fact that he ignores you is frustrating. But also let home know even tho you don't want to that if it's best for you to move on than you'll just move on. And sorry for the late reply I've been going threw a little situation of my own where the only girl I care for is backing away. But I wish you the best

• Text him again and ask him if he's still interested in you and what's going on
    make arrangements to meet in person, you need to communicate more with him
    you asked him out over text and you think he would be responding better..

• Forget him ASAP.

He's not interested, and he obviously couldn't care less about you from his responses.

• It's a No... sorry, for whatever reasons. Maybe not ready to be serious?
    I would just be friends... he will make it obvious if he is keen in that way.
    Maybe, he is not the right guy. But somebody will be!

• Yeah. I like him as a friend. And I'm ok with that. Just that now I dunno I don't want him to think I'm talking to him just to get an answer. So... if I text or call or talk to him I feel he'll think I'm desperate for an answer. And if I don't he is going to think I'm more than upset and that I may not be his friend. Soo... yeah

• I think he is trying to say no while not saying no. Lol. If that makes any sense to you cool, if it doesn't, oh well.

• Yeah it makes sense. I think I've done that before. Lol

• It sounds like he isn't interested in being a couple at this time. But since he has told you he likes you, that is obviously a good sign. He may have lost feelings for you, depending how long it has been since he has told you that.

• Maybe he is thinking about it.

You know, he has to make a important desicion and maybe he's trying to figure out what is the best desicion to make in this moment.

I would wait before to text again to this guy

• Just wait and see. And then send me a message and tell me what happened cuz I want to know. :D

• :D so I shouldn't text him?

• Why text? Why not meet in person over a cup of tea or coffee?

• It's not a good sign... sorry :( I may be wrong but that doesn't look good.

• Yeah. Not a good sign

• He sounds immature, and it was a bad idea telling him ober text. Real life is more serious and he can't play around

• Yeah. I know. The thing is I wanted to see how he reacted. And asking here to see if I was right.

• call him - why wouldn't you

• is that rejecation?

• Get a knife and force him to lose his virginity.

• From experience...
    A 'I don't know' means that he's 'thinking about it' but the overall answer is pretty much a 'no'.
    Him not replying back to you when you asked him to be a couple was pretty much the coward and rude way of saying 'no' but trying to not hurt your feelings..
    Him replying back with the excuse of him saying that he had to attend an important matter also was the cowards way of saying he wasn't interested with an excuse...

As for what you should do, we all can tell you to do this and not to do that, your heart will give you the answer to what to do after reading everyone's thoughts and opinions about this situation...

• I think I knew. Just wanted to make sure.