Which term sounds more appealing: Journal, Newsletter, Report, or Article?

Vote for the term that sounds more appealing to you, in this context.

"Subscribe to Recieve Our Monthly Journal"
"Subscribe to Recieve Our Monthly Newsletter"
"Subscribe to Recieve Our Monthly Report"
"Subscribe to Recieve Our Monthly Article"

• Journal
    27% (3)25% (2)26% (5)Vote
  • Newsletter
    27% (3)50% (4)37% (7)Vote
    18% (2)12% (1)16% (3)Vote
  • Article
    28% (3)13% (1)21% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually the situation you mentioned is a newsletter. Reserve those other words for more appropriate situations.

If using the expected and normalized term doesn't suit you, do some A/B testing and see which converts better.

0|1
    0|0
    • The traffic is exclusively local for a niche, so there isn't enough data for effective A/B testing.

http://savvysexysocial.com/ has a very similar business model, she used "report" on her home lead capture page, and the leadbox to the right uses "gift", which is really enticing and clever.

What Girls Said 4

• Article sounds more captivating to me. It means that you will subscribe to receive an article-articles are normally short and thats a good thing. Not a lot of people will be delighted to read something sounds long.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's an interesting point. I was under the impression that article sounded a bit sparce, but that isn't always a bad thing apparently.

• report sounds best to me.
    newsletter is overused.

0|0
    0|0
  • Newsletter sounds best to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Journal or article.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Article

It is a work which is published in a print form in paper or in electronic form on any website. It can be about a certain topic or relating about news or a debate.

Journal

It is a review which is published for a specific society or a group and is published on regular basis. It is synonym of a magazine.

Newsletter

It is a regularly distributed publishing material which is published at a regular interval and is related about a one main topic.

give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed, heard, done, or investigated.

●An article is a published nonfictional literary work while a journal refers to a daily record of events or business as well as to periodicals like newspapers and magazines.
    ●Journals are usually kept personally by its author (diaries) or owners (accounting journals); they can be viewed or read for a fee (magazines) or for free at websites or libraries while articles are usually written for publication wherein the writer is paid for his article.
    ●An article may be composed as text, in audio form, or as listings while a journal cannot be made in audio form.
    ●The word “article” comes from the Latin word “articulus” which means “small joint” and the Old French word “article” which means “separate parts of anything written.”
    The word “journal,” on the other hand, comes from the Latin word “diurnalis” which means “daily.”

So, "Subscribe to Recieve Our Monthly Journal" would be inappropriate. "Newsletter" can be daily, weekly, monthly. Periodically.

"Newsletter" is a set of articles based on specific topic while "articles" can be distinctive.

0|0
    0|0
    • Marketing solutions and textbook solutions tend to stray from one another, but this is nonetheless an accurate assessment of the terminology.

• journal... coz it reminds me of mayonnaise somehow 8)

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmmm thanks for the rationale.