How to accept how I look & stop feeling so ugly?

I'm not showing an image myself because I'm not looking for compliments to "boost my self esteem", and quite frankly, I am petrified that I'd just recieve a whole lot of comments stating just how ugly I am.

I go about each and every day, morning to night.. obsessing and worrying about ugly I must look.. I compulsively check my looks in mirrors and reflections.. mostly to see if maybe I suddenly look okay.. but no, same ugly face to me. I have a boyfriend, he always I'm beautiful.. same with my family.. but I just do not believe them.. I mean, they all love me for me, so of course they don't see me as ugly. I don't see people I love as ugly.
I feel super sad over this.. I tell no one because it sounds so vain and selfish, but this truly is what runs though my mind and it makes me feel like a load of shit each day.. I don't even let people take my picture.
I don't know how to get over this. :( It just makes life seem unappealing when it feels like I'll feel like this forever. I don't want the world to think I'm pretty.. I want to think that I'm pretty, so I feel good about myself. So.. any advice? Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Think back to a time when you felt good about yourself. Or when it didn't matter. Then try to think of what made that change? Why or who made you feel like you weren't worth looking good? Then ask yourself if that persons opinion matters?
    I recommend looking in the mirror everyday after you are done getting ready and not finding things that are wrong, but finding at least three things you like about how you look that day. And if you do look in a window or a mirror in passing and put yourself down, you have to say three nice things about yourself. The hard part will be training your brain to see what everyone else sees and what you have a hard time believing. Good luck :-)

What Guys Said 2

• u should accept it, coz thinkin constantly that u r ugly... will destroy u ;-)

• One of the things I did was to simply stop checking how I look. Wash, do your hair, put on a nice scent and clothes and just go out there! There is a man for everyone. :)

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, it's hard to feel loved by anyone when you don't really love yourself. It's a struggle. You have to make the decision to start loving yourself tho. Look in your mirror, tell yourself that you are beautiful and that there is nothing wrong with you. And I know it's easier said than done, I had to go to therapy for it myself. It does help to talk to someone about too. I can't promise that it'll get easier overnight, but eventually you'll start to feel better. But you have to want to.

• Write down all aspects of you, you find "ugly". Then look on the internet for "famous" people having the same "defect" and ask yourself honestly: do I find them ugly. The biggest difficulty is being honoust to yourself in answering.

• Aww. You got to love what you have. You might not see/appreciate your own beauty because you're too used to your own features. But someone out there sees that. Love your own skin, if you won't who would? Feel good inside look good outside ☺