To black people, how would you react to someone telling you 'you look blacker today than usual'?

My coworker made a joke about it yesterday, and he's black lol... im just curious.

Your reaction?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not black but I still think that's pretty offensive.

• This guy who went to school with my son told everyone to call him "Double Dark." That's the only name he'd answer to. The only thing I could do to be whiter is carry a Starbucks coffee drink but whatever people call you, say thank you lol. If they said it to be rude, you not caring takes the joy out of it for them.

• I would avoid that person.

• Depends on the context. Like anything.

No way to judge the context in which it was delivered.

What Guys Said 8

• Just say thank you for noticing. Haha.

• Interesting question. I also wonder what white people would react if someone told them "you look whiter today than usual" lol

• i probably do its the summer time and i like being in the sun. i dont get tan or sunburned i just turn dark as shit lmao

• If it's not in the summer time when the sun dyes me by about 4 shades... we might have a problem

• I'd be confused.

• I would say thanks... I got some makeup today. Lol

• Well I asked my former classmate that question before, and all he said was "Shut up asshole" :-/

• Fuck you will be my reaction
    Unless he's my best friend