What is the best part about life after college?

I love college, I have one more year to go and so far it has been the best part of my life. But I hope life after college is just as fun.

My fear is that life after college is just mundane, routine, and boring.
So I guess what I want to know is what is there to look forward to after college?
'
To those who are out of college: What is your favorite part about post-college life in the real world?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont think anyone on here would say they prefer life outside of college more than college life. Thats not to say you can't enjoy yourself or there aren't things to look forward to. While people always associate routines with boredom I think they fail to realize just how much security and stress free they can make your life; you ever notice how people hate being thrown off their routine? while on the surface they always say how boring it is in reality they enjoy it. Look forward to owning your first house, falling in love, starting a family, no longer having to "want" things cuz now you can afford them, etc. You dont have to feel stressed out cuz you partied all weekend and you have a test on Monday or a paper due.

• That's a good point, I do look forward to eventually getting married and starting a family

What Girls Said 5

• College was amazing. I lived on campus for all four years, I went to school with a ton of friends I know who are still in my life today, and although towards the end it was a ton of work, it was such a beautiful carefree time in my life that I am so happy I had the chance to experience. Life after college... hmm... I would say the best way to explain it is its a different kind of joy. Very few people are going to graduate and then continue to live out their existence of parties every weekend, staying up until 4am, and working some crap job to pay off their loans. Your life evolves and changes as do your priorities. There is this point you'll reach where you can put college on this magical shelf in your mind, but then accept the new adulthood for what it is and how it is you choose to make your life. Things like getting to cook your first meal in your own home, or have someone treat you as an adult vs. some 'silly kid who doesn't know anything, buying plane tickets and going on a serious adventure that doesn't involve a cheap crappy hotel and gas station food, meeting a spouse, having kids, and actually appreciating the joys of sleeping in and staying in. It's hard probably for you to see that now because you're still at point A in the timeline. You still need to enjoy where you are and experience as much of it as you can, but over time you'll evolve to the more adult you were your ideas of fun and joy are just different.

• Thanks, this puts me at ease. I appreciate your descriptive details. Can't wait to see how I evolve as I get older :)

• I can't wait for college.

• No 35 page essays!! Oh, and it's nice getting a paycheck and knowing there's no homework waiting for you when you get home! :)

• No more tests but no more time off. Bullshit the same, it just changes.

College life is far easier than career life.

• why is career life harder?

• Longer days. Still have homework. Only two weeks off a year.

No comparison.

Depends on career path though.

• Yeah, I'm looking for a career where I can leave work at work

• not having to study so much anymore.

What Guys Said 4

• Whether it be fun or not is completely depend on which jobs/career you're going to.

If you enjoy your job, then it be just as fun, if not, prepare for hell m8.

• I think I'll enjoy the career I'm heading for so hopefully it will be fun

• I so miss college. But the best part about after is income, money to do things with. Yes, it's pretty mundane! You definitely get into live-for-the-weekends mentality.

• no more fucking tests, homework, no more bullshit.

• Potentially cruising around the world and making trouble where there is none.