Help... mathematics?

On a serious note, does anyone actually get mathematics?

If so, explain conversions to me and do me some examples please. We're using the metric system

Sorry guys, I should of been more clear.
Conversions in distance, weight and volume.

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Math is gross, you poor thing. :(

• Math is not gross. If it wasn't for Math, you would not be living the kind of life you do. It would be Stone Age all over again.

• Apparently lmao

• Well it's a fact. People don't realize the role of mathematics in shaping up our lives. Granted it can be tough but that's how nature is.

What Guys Said 6

• This is hard to teach in G@G's text editor. However, treat each unit like a variable in algebra.

• What conversions are we talking about?
    There are usually given identities for conversion:
    for example 1kg = 1000g.
    1km = 1000m

• Check the update

• You are not specifying the problem. If you don't want to help yourself then there is little anybody here can do.

• I honestly couldn't give you an example from the top of my head... it just baffles me.

• Do you know how to multiply, divide, and simplify/cancel units? That's all you're doing. Basic 7-8th grade math...

• 3450cm = 34.5m = 0.0345km

I think this is right. Divide by 100 to get metres, then divide that by 1000 to get km. Move the decimal to the left how many 0's in the number you are dividing it by.

• Well one plus one is two...
    what kind of mathematics are we talking about?

• Seriously? You're over 18 and you don't understand conversions? I guess it's true that school in my country takes maths too seriously. And no, I'm not Asian, I live in Eastern Europe .

• You'll never use half the stuff you've learnt.

Basic, multiplying, subtracting, adding and dividing it all you need.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!