Am I the only one who hates camping?

I love hiking and I've been on 1 week to 1 month treks. The walking is great but I always have hated camping. Being cold all the time. Having to find lakes and streams for water and purifying it up. Having to hang up your meat in trees so bears don't kill you. Huddling around the propane stove shivering waiting for dinner. Having only crappy food and limited dishes to reduce weight. And having your sleeping bag, tent and clothes be wet and smelly all the time. Putting the tent up in the rain and the wind. And not even having a pillow because it takes up too much room. My friends keep asking me to go camping and I keep saying no. Why would I freeze my butt off all weekend for the sake of freezing?

Most Helpful Guy

• hahahah u r not alone... camping's shitty... literally ;-)

What Guys Said 1

• I like my home comforts.

What Girls Said 3

• It's a bit uncomfortable unless you have a cabin.

• I love camping. :o

I've never done the hiking / camping combo, though. So I haven't really had to worry about space because... vehicle.

• My camping trips don't go like that. And we do it in the winter minus 10-20 C.