Girls, How do I embrace my insecurties?

as a teen im struggling thorugh my insecruties and i know everyday people will say something about me and i get it a lot. i dont know to be sttrong

10

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes awhile to begin to love and accept yourself. I've struggled with it all my life and am only recently beginning to accept and embrace my flaws. We all have imperfections and none of us are perfect. I have flaws, you have flaws, we all do. But that doesn't make us any less beautiful or worthy. Your "flaws" and the "imperfections" that you see create the person that you are and without them you wouldn't be you.

Some techniques that have helped me feel better about myself: Body positivity communities (Youtube Channels) good music that has some ego boosting lyrics (Nicki Minaj, Beyonce) Exercise, make-up, self encouragement. Surround yourself with positive and supportive things and don't compare yourself or beat down on yourself because you dont look like the photoshopped girls on magazine covers

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 9

• Step 1: Find a mirror
    Step 2: Stand in front of said mirror so you can see your entire body
    Step 3: Look into your own eyes
    Step 4: Repeat "I am perfect, beautiful, amazing, and nothing can stop that."
    This may sound silly and pointless, but even if you don't believe it at first, repeating it causes you to slowly believe it.

• I used this form of positive self talk. I saw what I didn't like about myself and countered it with a thing I did like. Example: I really don't like like my laugh, but I have eyes people would kill for XP or if i feel insecure about weight id tell myself that i am healthy and there are people wayy bigger than me. As long as you're not obese and unhealthy none of that matter. Etc

• Do you have a tumblr? If so, follow fullbodiedlovin. She's great for body positivity.

• Whatever they say about you, take it as a compliment. There's no one else out there like YOU ;D

• This is just a phase that all teens go through. They all gossip, worry what others think, and have security issues. Give yourself a few years and let this phase of age pass... trust me, this is a very small part of your life.

• Girls tend to compare themselves to others which usually results in competition and horrible comments which may be due to jealously or simply because they're horrible. At the end of the day, you mustnt let people opinions on you bring you down. It is hard. But everybody is beautiful in their own unique way.

• I just go up to the mirror and stare at myself, randomly. My mind keeps shouting out words that I'd like to hear.
    FYI everyone is beautiful. I actually prefer flaws over perfection. :)

• Just take a long look at yourself and look for the things you like. Make a plan on how to change the things you don't. Put aside others opinions of you and move forward.

• I'm going to be completely honest.

I have not gone what you are going through.

but I know that anyone can be strong.

including you.

you have to talk to
    an adult and Tell these kiddos to back
    off

f they dont, u have to stay strong by telling yourself that you can
    do
    angthing. also just ignore them