Girls, Why do you dress sexy? Is it to draw attention from guys and get laid?

There are other ways to dress yourself and look good but why dress sexy like tanktops and other skimpy clothing? Is it to get sex from guys or something else?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear tank tops and shorts when it's hot out, and so I don't leave swear marks on my shirts with sleeves?
    It's nothing about attracting guys, I like to wear nice looking clothes so I look put together, I'd be self conscious if I was walking the mall in mismatched sweatpants and a baggy tshirt
    Same thing with make up and doing my hair. I want to look presentable in public, I'm not worried about attracting guys >_____>

What Girls Said 19

• I personally dress however which way I prefer. If I want to wear a tanktop, or a skirt, that shouldn't be indicative of a woman who wants to fuck. I could say the same about men who wear cologne... or fitted shirts. Are you trying to get girls to want to have sex with you? It's a two-way street, my friend.

• Attention from men is never bad haha but I also just like feeling hot!

• How are tank tops signaling sex? It's like 80+ degrees should women be wearing burqas so we don't tempt any men?

• Tank tops are skimpy? Maybe because it's freaking hot out? Guys don't have to worry about covering themselves up except for their lower parts. But if a girl wears a skirt with heels all hell breaks loose. What we consider skimpy and what guys consider skimpy goes by what turns a guy on. I never thought shorts that actually cover you could be considered skimpy. If it's hot out yes I am wearing short shorts that cover my butt, but somehow it looks skimpy. We can't win, so I give up.

• They dress however they dress because they WANT to dress that way. I don't dress like that but people have asked me to be more "lady-like" and question how I dress (shirts/hoodies and knee length shorts).. Why? Because I want to, they're comfortable and I like the shirt's design!

• Cuz' I like to.

• I think girls can dress classy sexy without looking like a hoe bag. Either way if we do we feel confident enough to wear that outfit not because we're looking for attention from guys. I do it for me and that's all that matters.

• to look good. I like feeling sexy.

• I dress sexy for myself. I like the clothes
    And it makes me feel good about myself

• Because they want to. Because they can. And because dressing sexy make you feel damn beautiful.

• I never dress sexy. I dress very boring. All I care is to look neat and nice. I don't want to look sexy and grab attention. I dunno why other girls do that

• When I dress 'sexy' I do it for myself. I don't really do it for attention unless I am interested in someone as I don't want one night stands.

• Why do you assume everything that women do is to get approoval and attention from men? Personally it has nothing to do with you guys. Im wearing what Im wearing for me. Because it makes me feel good about myself

• sometimes it is but mostly it is just to make us feel good about ourselves! :)

• It may come off as a great surprise to you, but women sometimes dress sexy for themselves. Shocker, right? :p

• I just like the clothing and that's just me being me I can't help it if men can't keep their eye balls to themselves that's not my problem I like to look cute and adorable for me if it comes off as slutty or sexy that's some mans opinion

• Attention and sex.

• It's not to get sex from guys really because I'd only really want sex with someone I have really strong feelings for. It's to feel good about myself and like I look good. And 'cause maybe I want some attention, especially male attention; I want to be seen as attractive

• I just like it!