Why do I always feel stuck like I can't awake when I'm dreaming?

I know this shit sounds super weird and it is. Whenever I'm dreaming sometimes I'll hear slight noises like cars passing by my house etc but I have the hardest time waking up. Like my mind is telling me I want to get up but I can't. I find myself then screaming in my dream to get out of my dream and when I finally wake up I wake up to myself softly screaming. It's fucking weird. I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone that actually knows me.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• it happens to me... some dreams r so real... once i woke up feeling still scared o_O

• Look into Sleep Paralysis. However, I never knew it happens as often as you mentioned. It must have some phycological reason.

• It's called sleep paralysis your aware of what's said around you but can't
    communicate , move, etc

What Girls Said 2

• It"s called sleep paralysis and is very common. Some speculate sleep paralysis is the culprit behind people claiming hauntings and alien visitation.

• This happens to me!