Has anyone taken a foldable bottle through airport security?

Just a curious question abiyt foldable water bottles, has anyone taken them through airport security? has any of you been told to throw it in the bin? i have heared that it's okie to take these foldable bottles through just as long as they are empty, i bought one because of a video i watching on YouTube and the women said she took hers through without any problems, has anyone had problems with it at alll? let me know, it seems like a handy thing to carry around the airport, not to mntion saves money buying water.

Some honest answers please... lol if you don't mind
I live in the UK, anyone in the UK who uses these in airports?

Most Helpful Guy

• For the U. S. the tsa website says yes.

I don't know the UK equivalent, but I found a specific UK airport website saying yes, it's allowed, and I imagine they all have similar rules.

"Allowed' means in general, basically there's no guarantee on any item being allowed, but the expectation would be that it's fine.

• Can you please link me to this website? which section? i've gathered a bunch of useful links that explains which a bit better, it's all so confusing isn't it? it could be explained a lot more simple in less words.

What Guys Said 2

• Put it in your checked luggage. TSA rules don't allow a container that will hold more than 3 oz in your carry-ons.

• That's for liquids like lotions or shower gel but this is foldable and has a l karabiner clip to clip it onto something or you could use it to keep it folded, it folds all way up to the cap, so it doesn't just stay 1 size you fold it so it's smaller, i don't think anyone here right now actually knows... lol

• It's still a container. . . . a space to mix chemicals to fashion an explosive concoction. The TSA in the US won't allow it. UK? . . . . . I dunno.

• Don't tell you believe all that crap about bombs and stuff? only danger is the TSA workers that steal your stuff, can trade drugs from country to country by putting drugs in your suitcase during transit (in which the odd time they were caught but instead the person in which the suitcase belonged to got framed instead), they are the danger nobody else, they could even put bombs on the plane themselves, people who believe it all never think about that lol. All i will have in my backpack is my laptop and charger, USB wires, earbuds, travel adapter, USB mains charger, gameboy color power plug, gameboy color, jewelry, sunglasses, compact camera, waterproof neck pouch and that's it, with my bottle lol, it's all silly stuff to "confiscate" your stuff using any excuse to ether steal it or sell it in the airports shops lol, specificly they target electronics.

• no... never take such stuff in public... wot if somebody farts on it? o_O

What Girls Said 3

• Doesn't matter if it's empty or not, just the container itself that can/did hold liquids. I've had empty containers or half empty things I've had to throw away before in my hand luggage, but then I've also had the odd occasion they just let it slide. Tbh, i just don't bother anymore, I just put it in my checked luggage and buy a normal water bottle to hold with me after I've checked in.

• no i dont think you can

• I never have.