Why have people been acting like Tyga and Kylie Jenner together is perverted?

She's 17, he's 25. That's perfectly legal (in most states, that is) and a small age difference. Not to mention most 17 year old girls have already reached the end of puberty and have gotten their adult bodies. How is this perverted? Is 18 supposed to be the magic age of womanhood or something?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• The minimum socially acceptable age for the younger partner in a romantic relationship is given by the following formula:

(age of older partner ÷ 2) + 7 years

In this case:

(25 ÷ 2) + 7 = 19 years

That means Kylie is 2 years too young for Tyga.

As you age, larger age differences become more acceptable. There will be a point in the future, when Kylie is no longer too young. This crossover point won't happen for almost 4 years:

[(25 + 4) ÷ 2] + 7 = 21 and 17 + 4 = 21

For the next 4 years Tyga will be called a cradle robber.

• Well, 18 is like officially in the clear legally, so I guess that's why.

But their celebrities, they will always get criticized for everything. It's an attempt by us average joes to try and convince ourselves that celebrities are not better than us.

Which they are...

• I think its perfectly fine. Its only an age difference of 8 years. When they are both middle aged you won't even be able to tell who is younger. But its only legally acceptable if they live in a state where the age of consent is 16.

And i agree with you. The whole magic number 18 thing is kinda stupid. Its not like she spontaneously goes from a child to an adult at 18.

• I don't know, I find it stupid to be honest

• Like so many people would talk shit if a 17 year old girl and a 19 year old guy were to date and/or have sex, yet would totally defend Hugh Hefner dating girls young enough to be his damn great-grandkids -_-

• i dont care about some rapper and his worthless reality tv mogul girlfriend, that means nothing anyway...

Look at ariana grande and big sean...

• It's not a problem in some countries like China the age of consent is 14

• I don't think it was ever a big deal until drake said... "You need to act your age and not your girls age".

Then the Internet committed suicide.

• I kind of agree. 18 and 17 is pretty much the same. But 8 years is a big difference when you're younger. 17-25 looks worse than 48-56

• I have no idea who those people are.

• i think its fine really

• illegalities

What Girls Said 3

• I personally try not to concern myself with other people's private lives because it's supposed to be their business alone. But since you asked for opinions, uhm I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of them dating because to me, she is underaged and they're prolly having s*x, and there's that teeny tiny part of me telling me that he 's taking advantage of her. Not hating on him or her, like I said it's their business but I just personally son't like the idea of them together :P

• A normal 17-year old is in high school and a normal 25-year is working in the real world. That's weird, no matter how normal or famous you are it's weird.

• Depends on your perspective I suppose. To me a "normal" 17 year old should already have a job and car and almost be out of high school. Then let's also consider the fact that Kylie is anything but a normal 17 year old, and is already definitely out in the world.

• She is 17, in the eyes of the law she is not an adult yet and a minor dating a man who is in his mid-20s is weird and wrong. It doesn't matter if she's famous or not.

• most 17 year olds dont have a job simply because their busy with highschool or sports. and most dont have their own car because they can't afford it and their parents are smart enough not to buy them one yet.

• Wait till you have a daughter thay might change your mind when she dates an older man. Have a friend whos sister is 16 and she's dating a 28 yr old... that's just wrong in so many ways. The mind set only should be a reason why they shouldn't be dating but i personally don't care about kylie relationship. Don't know her and don't care but my sister's friend i care about