Girls, Can someone tell me what is so great about 50 shades of gray?

I never read the book or watched the movie but it seems like a big deal why is that? ?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing.. many people have said its romantic.. wrong.. its so far from reality.. it makes women look like weak helpless damsels that can only find self worth in being with a man like that.. and it shows this power hungry man with too much money and control issues.

• 🔔🔔🔔 ding ding ding, and the lady wins the prize! You are so spot on Tassia!

What Girls Said 19

• I can't speak for the books but I watched the movie and I think it's a waste of audiovisual resources. Nothing new, basic story, basic characters and acting.

• Because sexually frustrated people who can't differentiate good from bad literature seem to enjoy it. Hahahahaha

• NOTHING. It's a Twilight fanfiction, and has ZERO factual foundation in the actual BDSM world. There is a term for guys like Christian/Edward: "Emotionally Abusive Stalker".

• Nothing. There's nothing great about 50 Shades of Grey. It's crap.

• Not much really, the book was what I call an easy read. The main character in the book isn't a woman I connected with and I read it due to all the hype. Then I chose to see the movie because to see what the fuss was about.

Easy cheesy erotica book, but some people really like it. :)

• The glorification of abuse, perhaps? Because honey, that's not BDSM.

• The only reason I watched the movie was because it has Jamie doran in it! Honestly I cringed the all way! Haven't read the book!
    It's doesn't make you wet or anything! It's proper cringy!😕

• Am I the only girl who could care less about that movie? :-/

• One of my close friend is crazy about it and she tells me stuff from the book when she read them, and I don't really see what's so great about it. From what my friend told me, the girl in the book pisses me off.

• The book was okay. There was nothing spectacular about it. He might be rich but he was controlling as fuck and the sex was just okay ugh. Christian Grey is not my cup of tea.

• That bad? I never read the books or watched the movie, don't tell me they are making a sequel?

• there are three books so yeah they are haha. i haven't seen the movie. like i guess i understand why women cream over the books.. but its just not my fantasy lol. not to mention it starts to get repetitive after a while.

• It's more a social controversy because it contains elements of Christianity and ignorance in general. It also contains elements that the norms of society tries to ignore. In general I didn't find the books that interesting nor deep in the story other than the basic plot. It's a boring read and I heard that the lead actors despise each other during the production of the first movie and that they did not want to create anymore movies together.

• lol the movie is terrrrrrible

• I've never seen it and I don't care for it

• Nothing. Its stupid. It should have been a pure romance or insane porn but its stupidly hanging in between and give you nothing but disappointment. Its overrated.

• just a porn for girls lolz, the book is much better than the movie

• Because misogynistic forced sex is popular.

• It's about the D/S and BDSM lifestyles. I didn't read the book but I did live the lifestyle. Google search it. Way too much to put on here.

• Nothing is great about it its so popular becoz its kind of a porn. But too mainstream

• Nothing is great about it.