Would you pay more for an apartment with a nice view of the sea/bay/marina?

lets say around $200 more than a place without a view or a depressing one like the back of unattractive building a few feet away?

do you care about the view from your window (s)?

if yes, why?

if no, why?

• yes
  • no
  • depends (see answer)
what if you were into entertaining guests like dinner parties or what if you wanted to have a more romantic time when your SO comes over?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I care a lot actually. I would rather live in a small modest home on the sea than a mansion in the middle of nowhere.

• i think i'm with you on that.
      does it elevate your mood?

• Actually yeah, it can have a big impact on my mood.

I'm one of those people who could've affected by the weather and by my natural surroundings. Plus, the ocean has a major calming and peace-inducing effect on me.

• *could be

What Guys Said 17

• The best way to find out is to try both and see how you feel about each situation.

Although I will say in all likelihood, you've made up your mind already, and you're using a dichotomous proposition moreso as confirmation of that decision, rather than a tool of objective deliberation.

So go with what your mind has already decided.

• Well it depends. if I am living alone then nah... I'm saving that $200. If I'm living with someone then FUCK YEAH SHELL IT OUT !

• Yes, I did.
    This is the view from our living room in our other apartment:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2mnekvs.jpg

• Unrestricted view on 20 miles of shores and the horizon.

• can you tell me how much it affects your mood and state of mind?

• I'm happy there, be the weather good or bad: those skies can be impressive, even if it rains and the sea gulls at 10 ft are fascinating.

(It's a nearly deserted beach, thus no bikini watching. The bikinis are on the commercial beach, 1/2 a mile away. LOL )

• If I could afford, I would. In the end, the view is there for you everyday to enjoy and if it helps you to be in a good mood, it's worth it :D
    However, we're talking, like you said, about a reasonable extra like 200 USD per month.
    If it were 3 to 4 times the rental for another flat, no way :o

• I have my home so I would never do that but if I did not Its so worth the money and down here Inn Miami you won't ever get that chance just for $200 dollars more a month

• I wouldn't live "urban" at all.
    I would for this and almost have it now.
    www.justjulieb.com/.../nc-cabin-medow-view.jpg

• Yes, I would pay more for an apartment with a good view because I expect to be living there for a while. The only reason I would not do so is if I had a more important use for that money (like saving enough to go to a better one or get a car or what not).

• I'd say no I don't care if it means paying extra for the view. Don't get me wrong, sitting on a small balcony watching downtown while eating frosted flakes would be cool, but not if I have to pay an extra 200.

• If I were living in a big city where there's a lot of sight-seeing that can be done, like New York, then yeah I would if I could afford it.

• hell yea! i think i would pay more than 200$ extra for one of those. lets not forget that the option could give you a better quality of life

• If I were rich I'd pay for a view.

• Imagine the jealousy you can invoke with the views on instagram!

• Yeah. A nice view can really impact you on a psychological level too so it's probably worth it.

• Well it will depend on financial status n passion of this

• if I could still walk there, I could skip the view.

• Yes, it is worthy.

• Hmmm no I don't really care about the view that much, I like to always have the windows and blinds/curtains shut with the nice yellow light of an incandescent light bulb

What Girls Said 4

• If I could afford it.

• yes i love having a nice view, worth paying more for

• If it included everything, like garbage desposal and electric and internet and running water and stuff like that, then why not?

• Depends what the apartment was actually like too