Can pee kill plants?

I used to piss in the same spot of our grass in the garden, and I kinda killed it. It went a brown color. I blamed the dog though. Have you ever done it before? What happened to the plants?

Most Helpful Guy

• What an ANIMAL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What Guys Said 11

• pee contains waste products which are useful resources for plants, but it is acidic and can do damage if it is too concentrated. Lemon trees love pee as they make good use of the acidity. It's a good idea to pee in a bucket and then dilute it 10:1 with water before putting it on plants to make sure you don't burn them.
    P. S. Peeing outdoors is also kind of kinky. Do you do it for fun?

• It depends on the plant. Certain types of grass can be killed like u said, but other plants such as citrus trees will actually grow better when u pee on them.

• Pee is acid
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uric_acid
    Blame the dog :D

• LOL... i've peed on a plant as a kid... nothing happened :-p

• It doesn't kill all plants but pee kills grass. I think the real question is why were you peeing in a spot on your lawn multiple times

• I think urine has nitrogen in it, which can cause plants to die, in high amounts

• Yep that is what happens.

• So... Do you have an outdoor peeing fetish? ;)

• Yes

...

• Would love to see that.
    Yes for grass most others it's ok.

• I heard there is a lot of nitrogen in pee. A little can be used as a fertilizer. Too much will kill the plant.

What Girls Said 1

• Why would you do that in the first place?