I'm pregnant and he hit me, can baby be affected?

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and the father of the child got angry and punched me in my lower abdomen the pain only lasted a few seconds can that affect my baby in anyway?

Also is that, even though he didn't cause any marks to me visually, enough reason to take it up with the cops and file a police report?

Most Helpful Guy

• What the fuck?
    Is that even a serious question!
    Of course it can effect the fetus...
    It can kill the fetus!
    Cause miscarriage...
    Damage you internally...

That said, seven weeks means the fetus is about the size of a peanut... Vulnerable but still small enough that your body likely absorbed most of the impact.

It's your responsibility as an expecting mother to remove yourself from the situation to save your baby...
    No excuse for staying with him will be considered acceptable. Next punch may be at 7 months and give your child brain damage...

• Yes I know I asked because I'm only 7 weeks and the punch wasn't severe enough to the point where I was feeling it an hour later the pain only lasted a few seconds ice already made the report

He wants me to get rid of it I told him no

I know the more further along I become the more angry he will become and that next time who knows how much harder the punch will be he also threatened to kill me if I don't abort it so yeah I'm going through with the charges for sure

• Good for you!
      The love you'll feel for a baby will be more rewarding than anything that anyone could ever give you... It's pure and unconditional...
      Congratulations and stay strong.

What Guys Said 7

• Why are you even with that kind of guy?

• What kind of sick freak would do that to a pregnant woman? Do even contemplate going back to this wank stain, no matter what charm he puts on!

• yes... report him asap, and dump his ass ;)

• I reported him the same day it happened I just want to make sure I did the right thing even though it wasn't too much of a sever attack and yes were seperated

• Probably not: a baby is well protected, floating in the amniotic liquid.
    Prepare him to be dumped. He won't stop at that.
    File a police report.

• I'd report him but unfortunately the charges probably won't stick since you don't really have any proof that he hit you, unless there were witnesses

• This POS endangered your life and your child's life!
    Go to your doctor and file a police report immediately.
    PLEASE

• I'd normally make a joke, but you need to call the cops and to see a doctor.

What Girls Said 13

• Go to the hospital, get you and the baby checked out. File charges and leave him! Do NOT let the courts grant him unsupervised visits without a fight! Hopefully they won't even allow him any kind of contact. That's a life in your tummy that he threatened!

• Absolutely report him!! Get out of there. If he can do that to you at all, let alone when you're pregnant, he's a sick human being and will do it again, possibly worse. Please get out of that and maybe try for a restraining order.

• Firstly, you need to go to the doctor/ hospital to have youself checked out. It is no longer just yourself you have to worry about anymore. You now have to worry about your baby!

• Yes its a reason. If you dont follow up with a police report he may be able to seek custody of this child later on. Protect your child from this guy.

• report him to the police for violence and go to the hospital to see if you're alright

• I've already made a report I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overreacting he wants me to get rid of it I told him no he hit me who knows how worse it can get for me from here on out

Thanks

• oh man he is an arse!! he can't just hit you in your lower abdomen to kill your child... he is trying to kill a life.. and no you are not overreacting at all!

• Omg Yes call the cops, you should have done that the second it happened. The only thing lower than hitting a woman is hitting a pregnant woman. Get the fuck away from him. Go to the doctor, this could cause a miscarriage.

• Yes it is enough and you need to remove yourself from that situation and see a doctor.

• The amniotic sac surrounding the baby does help reduce an impact of a hit but it really depends on how hard he hits...
    About the police report, I am not sure but it would be good if you have a witness... since there is no visuable proof...

• He hit hard enough for my stomach to go inwards upon impact but it wasn't like "oh my gosh I'm really hurt!!!" type of hit which is why I'm questioning the pressing charges because for the rest of his life hell have to live never being able to get a good job because of his record

• But seriously at the same time what person in their right mind even if it wasn't a super hard hit who would take their frustration or anger on a baby who said incredibly innocent and pure? Who?

• Oh gosh, report him asap. Seriously, that kind of humour is distressing and gross.

• Yes, file a police report

• Yes, and yes. I would go to the hospital and check on the baby.

• Yes! He hit your fetus!!

• Why would you tolerate the behavior of such a hateful person? How can you allow him to treat him that way? Dump him right now, call the cops and go to the doctor immediately.
    Best of luck.

• I don't this is his first time hitting me and he did it because I told him I wasn't aborting the baby that's what did it and no were not together we just ended up with a love child together you could say