Is 28 too old to go back to school fro another Major?

Hi everyone,

So i'm turning 28 in September, now for the last 4 years I have been working as an administartive assistant for 3 different companies. I originally went to school a 2 year college diploma for administartaive and legal studies. Now I am tired of making a low wend wage around 35-40k a year. But what bothers me most is that there is very little room for advancement. I have recently been accepted to go to univeristy to study health policy, it's a 4 year BAS however chance of employment is very high and I feel like it'd be fufilling work and that I'd actually be able to possibly make a career out of it. Now what im nervous about is starting school at 28, i feel old but in acuality im not married and I dont have kids so i feel like time wise it's okay, but is a 28 year old in school weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so there were older people in college but only a few. I met a girl who was 34 but she looked like close to my age or something. I want to get into graduate school and I'll be two or three years behind most of my peers because of my age but oh well.

What Girls Said 7

• nope, thats still fairly young! a lot of people go back when they're in their 40's to further their education. since you have no other commitments, it'll be easier to go back to school and do a different major. no kids, no significant other, etc. since you're still pretty young, you can still focus on you and your education until you're ready to branch out and commit to someone or whatever you would like to do in the future. good for you for wanting to do more school!

• It's better late than never! I say go for it.

• Knowledge knows no bound.

• No it's not there was a lady who was in my class with 4 degrees and she was 82 years old. Plus you are trying to better yourself that's not weird at all. Good luck

• Nope. I've seen people that age and older in college classes

• Nope not at all!! If I was in your position I probably would too :p

• Nope. As peolple always says age doesn't matter and it shouldn't be the hindrance on going back to school cause you'll use your head in studying anyway not your number of existance

What Guys Said 7

• I'm still considering going back to school at 30 - if I had the money. I don't feel old. I'm just looking to better myself. However, recently I've considered not going to school for the sole purpose of financial reasons. It almost doesn't seem worth it. People in their 50s, 60s, and even older have gone to school. Yes, some or most of them only went to fulfill certain goals of theirs not necessarily to get a degree.

• never is l8 bro... NEVER ;)

• You will stand out, but it's never too late to educate yourself.

• Nope. I went at just about that age and never regretted it.

• No... who cares.

• there's a women who went to school at age 70 so you'll be fine

• I was 32 when I realized I didn't know what the hell I was doing (still) lol... I asked the Dean of the Pharmacy School, what I needed to do to get in... twice...4 years later, I scrabbled my way in... Needless to say, I've done OK... and I was a dad at 19... so, yeah, take the challenge.