Are you hesistant to answer a question when it's long-winded?

I like it when people are concise to be honest. A MyTake is different but a question that turns into an essay doesn't draw people in, in my experience.

• Yeah, gimme a tl;dr and then we can see further
  • No, I always read them fully
  • It totally depends on the question title
I guess I also should have added the option: "Yes if the writing is good"

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes, yeah.

• I can somewhat handle it if it's divided nicely into paragraphs and doesn't contain obsolete information. Otherwise, I don't bother.

What Guys Said 5

• Well it depends. I know if I will have a lot to say, I am sure to break it up into little paragraphs, I think that makes it easier to answer and read. when it is just this massive block text I pass or answer solely off the question title.

• i don't hesitate... i answer most questions nicely 8)

• As long as it's not an unformatted wall of text, I'll read it. The average length of a word in English is 5 characters. With a 2000 character limit and a space between words counting to the limit, the longest a question will be is about 300 words. That's less than a 6th grade book report. That takes very little time to read.

• I suppose that's a good way of looking at it. But still, if all questions were long-winded people would be pressed for time, no?

• If someone is pressed for time they should probably not be on GAG in the first place. Priorities man.

• True but just painting a situation here. :)

• Ignore them. I also ignore poll Qs because the dynamic front page won't let you comment w/o voting.

• Depends... If I think I can help, yeah... If it's clearly going to lead to a sarcastic opinion from me, I leave it alone...