For the pet lovers: Some easy tricks to teach Karl Barx?

So as part of Karl's rehabilitative training we are working on a lot of trust and confidence building exercises. A great way to do this is to teach tricks. Except... Karl gets bored easily.

No really, look how bored he is.
Anyway... He knows basic obedience (Sit, stay, heel, come, go play) and we are working on: Rollover, Spin, and Shake.

Any other suggestions?
Bonus extra cute pic of Karl G. Barx

Most Helpful Guy

• Cute dog :)

Play dead
    Crawl on the ground
    Stand on two paws
    Walk backwards

and my favorite... call 911 :D lol

What Guys Said 6

• You can teach him to gamble. Show him that a treat is in your hand, then hide both hands behind your back, then cross them in front of you, with the treat out of sight. Get him to put a paw on the hand he thinks it's in, and reveal whether or not he was right.

Alternately, put a treat under one cup and nothing under two other cups, switch them around, and have him guess which one is right.

• Have you seen the dog that learnt to whisper? Lol

https://youtu.be/hwbbz7A3ris

• teach him to get you a drink from the fridge.

• is this yer dog? nice :)

anyway i guess u shpuld let him out more often... maybe he finds it boring being inside :)

• Teach him math!

• Salute comrades?

Here is a website: www.dognotebook.com/.../

What Girls Said 5

• What a beautiful boy :)

Maybe dog backpack training. It gives them a job and can burn energy while walking.

Clicker training to retrieve objects, differentiate between objects, and other more complicated tasks.

• Bump (you know like how you fist bump someone? Except he bumps his nose to your hand) and high five are the only other two I can think of. Apart from "sit pretty" those are the other two that my pups know. 😁

• I can't give any tips lol. I just wanted to ask how he's been?

• He's been great! Making huge improvements. We are doing a "stranger" meeting tonight with my cousin. It'll be the first one without his trainer present (he's always comfortable with her around... hence us doing trust building together) so I'm hoping it goes well.

• We are all outside right now! No issues

• Yayyy! Go KB!

• ahh he's so cute!! try some youtube videos? it's been awhile since i trained my dog so i don't remember exactly how i did it lol

• I don't have any ideas for you, but did you rescue him or something?