The Hobbit trilogy or Lord of the Rings trilogy (Movies)?

Ok so I've seen both. The Lord of the Rings trilogy has been a long time ago but I still like that one better. Soon I want to start reading all of the books. But I want your opinion about the movies. Which one do you like best? The exact movie I like best is LOTR:The Two Towers. You can just fill in the poll but please also tell me why you choose which one in the comments. Thanks in advance. Have a good day!

• The Hobbit trilogy
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the cast and the special effects and the overall quality of the cinema experience were outstanding for both trilogy (actually neither is trilogy in the correct sense of the word) but the way Peter Jackson butchered the plot and effectively rewrote large parts of the story and dialogue makes me cringe and it's something I will never, ever forgive him for. Tolkien was a literary genius and his work should have been presented as-is, possibly edited for brevity but what Jackson did was an arrogant slap in the face. It's a damn shame when you imagine what could have been if they had used all that technology and talent while being faithful to the books.

I voted Lord of the Rings since at least it's still pretty watchable. I was watching the first part of the Hobbit last night and it's absolutely atrocious how brutally they mangled that movie.

What Guys Said 11

• LOTR by far. The majority of the Hobbit trilogy was just stupid filler plot devices to stretch out what should have easily been one movie into 3. The stupid dwarf/elf relationship was beyond cliche' and corny. I came to watch dragons and orcs be fought not a medieval warlock version of Romeo and Juliet.

• Oh my... you really didn't like that haha. Well I sorta agree. I wish there were more fights or at least less lovey dovey stuff between kili and tauriel.

• It's just annoying since the Hobbit was a smaller book than the Fellowship of the Ring which was the smallest LOTR book but they still managed to have the Fellowship of the Ring be pretty close to it's book counterpart.

• Yeah that's crazy they just stretched that book out so much for the money...

• the hobbit... reason is, i used to LOVE-2-HATE LOTR... ughhhhh

• The Hobbit wasn't bad but it was a bit disappointing compared to LOTR. I just feel it could've been much better. The second film of that series scored very high on my Boring scale.

• The new ones all suck.

• What makes you say that?

• I see nothing wrong with cgi. I think it actually makes more things possible.

• But the more is possible through funds, the less you have to think about it.

• i think they wrecked it... when they released the first hobbit episodes, it was confusing for us lord of the ring fans/.

It makes it seem like two separate movies and universes, i actually got so confused about where its set in the timeframe that i didn't bother watching the newer hobbit films

• Lord of the Rings trilogy is the better of the two. The Hobbit turned into an overbloated mess and the third movie was unnecessary. Have you read The Hobbit book?

• No not yet. I am planning to real soon though.

• Ha my aunt keeps trying to get me to read those books but that's a hell of a time commitment!

• Yeah well I'm home for a complete month doing nothing so I've got time haha

• The Hobbit was one book. LOTR was 3. So even though I love the Hobbit movies, they can tend to feel stretched at times.

• I agree! And that Legolas was in there was ridiculous and apparently Tauriel was completely made up? (I don't know haven't read the books yet)

• LOTR//////////////////////////////

• I enjoyed both but Lord of The Rings was better for me

• I love the Hobbit

• Lotr because all 3 movies are good but the first hobbit was dissapointing in my opion

What Girls Said 1