When you're arguing with someone over the internet, do you fail to reply because they won, or because you find them so stupid that it's pointless?

I get into internet arguments all the time, and I'm the last one talking nine times out of ten. Does that mean I'm really smart or really stupid?

• I do it to show that they won; you're a great debater
  • I do it to show that they're an idiot; you're not that smart.
  • other (clarify in comments)

Most Helpful Girl

• I stop replying because I don't feel like wasting my time arguing with a stranger on the internet. It's not worth it.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't reply because I don't believe in wasting my energy on stupid people.

• I stop replying because you can't convince people sometimes.

• Voted B (filler)

• Arguing with people on the internet is mostly pointless.

What Guys Said 11

• Sometimes there reply gives me the realisation that they are actually really dumb and just not worth carrying on the debate/argument with. Usually I will out right tell them I'm not replying for that reason but there has been times where They are literally not even worth telling them because I don't care at all to give them any response lol.

• i just block that someone... my time's precious 8)

• Sometimes it's really just not worth the time and commitment to yell at a wall.

• I just don't understand the point of internet arguments, I think they're stupid and unnecessary.

• refuse to lower my standards to a keyboard warrior.

• I am relentless i never give up

• I don't waste my time on these morons

• I stop because it's tiring and pointless.

• I stop because their idiocy is bad for my blood pressure.

• Other: I don't start fights. Nor do I continue them. But if they kept pushing for it, I shall use my master Foamy's all-knowing logic to destroy them from the inside out and leave them a crying mess of what they once were. Foamy be with you!

• I usually just give up, because there's no point in arguing with someone who has the IQ of a shoelace.

My favorite is when I specifically say that I'm done, and they keep going. What, exactly, is the point of that?