Do you think you are more intelligent than the average person?

Do you think you're smarter than the average person?

• Yes.
  • No.
According to these results: The average person thinks they are smarter than the average person.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I am. I wouldn't know that many languages, I wouldn't have my degrees If I wasn't.
    But there are lots of more intelligent people. I think my son is among them. But:
    1. Were'all born in Wobegon: oxfordindex.oup.com/.../authority.20110810105237549

2. The Dunning Kruger Effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.
    en.wikipedia.org/.../Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

• 2. The Dunning Kruger Effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes. en.wikipedia.org/.../Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

• 3. The Downing Effect:
      The Downing effect describes the tendency of people with below average intelligence quotients (IQs) to overestimate their intelligence, and of people with above average intelligence to underestimate their intelligence. An individual's predictable propensity to misjudge their own intelligence was first noted by C. L. Downing who conducted the first cross cultural studies on perceived intelligence.

• An individual's predictable propensity to misjudge their own intelligence was first noted by C. L. Downing who conducted the first cross cultural studies on perceived intelligence. www.typologycentral.com/.../...-druger-effect.html

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think that I'm smarter but sometimes I feel more 'aware' of a situation than people around me.. or more sensitive to other people's feelings/ emotions. This in turn makes me react to a situation differently from most of my peers. For example, peer pressure; when my peers conform to social norms simply because they yearn to fit in. I see it as a severe plague of insecurity on society. What they see as 'fun, harmless and normal' I'll see it as unoriginal, primitive and unnecessary.. I can't seem to switch my mindset neither do my peers seem to understand where I'm coming from. So, no, I don't feel smarter, just wired differently.

• Yes, I am. I know that for a fact. I could be even smarter, but I don't have the motivation to be.

• Generally, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm "smart" with words. You might even call me a bit of a swordsmith. And, I have great memory retention (except when it comes to the basic rules of math. Keep!) I think I make wise choices, but I wouldn't call myself street smart. Typical socialization is also not my best area. So, I would say I'm not smarter than anyone. And neither are the people who have said they are. We just all have areas we are smart and experienced in.

• Yeah, especially than a lot of people my age. We all make our mistakes and stupid decisions though.

• I don't mean to brag but I have more common sense than many of the teens in my school.

• math and chess decide

• hhhaha u have sense right!!
      what the different between being smart and genuis?

• @RainRlyadh Smart simply means above average intelligence. So statistically, it'd be a person with an IQ about 115. (1 standard deviation above the norm, or smarter than 68% of people) Genius starts at 2 standard deviations about the norm at an IQ of 130. (smarter than 95% of people)

The non-scientific way of defining the difference to me is to say that a smart person usually makes informed decisions and knows quite a bit about the world. A genius usually comes up with highly creative solutions and knows things about the world that others usually don't. Moreover, I think to really be considered a genius, that you discover something in science or another field that no one else has ever come up with.

• Yes, I am.

• Why does everyone think they are smarter. I thought there would be more no's

• I was asking to see if that would be how it went. The Average Person believes they're smarter than the average person.

• I personally think those four people who said no are more intelligent

• Yes, not by a whole lot

What Guys Said 12

• I felt useless at school... I was rubbish at almost everything... well I think that was all down to me taking subjects I was horrendous at anyway. But I like to consider myself as a bright spark - definitely smarter than the average person.

I get it all from my mum, who is an absolute eccentric genius to say the least. She's able to do everything and any thing. She's a psychiatrist at the moment... but she could perfectly be able to become a barrister or judge if she wanted to - She's that clever.

I've always seen it this way: The quieter you are, the smarter you are.

• I'd love to think that, but sometimes it seems like I'm ignorant in some aspects that seem to come naturally for others. I guess the final answer is that "smartness" isn't so black and white; I might be decent at refactoring but I sure as hell have no clue how to party with extroverted people.

In the end, I voted A) because most people claim seem to claim that I'm smart.
    There are days when I don't believe them, but that might just be my own fault.

• Meh... Maybe in certain areas.
    I score much above average in most tests I've taken, though I've never taken an IQ test.
    I can't say that I'm smarter than most people, but I can tell you that I used to know how to do that problem you gave the "math master" but then I spent all of last semester doing basic chemistry, Spanish, and a semester of trig (then I chilled after I finished those) so I've forgotten a lot of stuff haha

• That's a given...

• i believe less... :(

• I'm sure of it. Today's measurement of the intelligence of the "average person" is so ridiculously low that people who were alive 50 years ago and more would cry themselves to sleep because of all the access to resources we have, which we take for granted.

• I'm smart in some ways and stupid in some ways.

• I don't think. I know.

• yup math master😎

• <.< do you study?

• well im from iraq
      I m study in one of the best schools there
      and its sux
      after finishing the school u will see u hadn't learnt anything
      even then didn't teach us English
      thats why im going to united States next year

• but believe me
      people here is more intelligent than in U. S

• got a masters degree so definitely yes

• yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Yes but that's not saying much since the average person is dumb as shit.