Why do you think celebrities are so liberal?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of them are (or call themselves) artists. When was the last time the right wing gave a fuck about artists? You're right - never.

On top of that they often get involved in charity, they travel, and they live in a bubble. So you get the education and sympathy with the disadvantaged coupled with being slightly out of touch. Typically liberal.

• Also, they are progressive. That is pretty much the definition of their job: improving on that which is. So why on earth would they be conservative?

• Okay. Hmmmmm... EVERYTHING.

• So cute. You look immature for your age you know.

What Guys Said 9

• Because they're not conservative?
    fc04.deviantart.net/.../...everknowwho-d6m6usm.jpg

• They mostly live in L. A. which is a pretty liberal place. When you work with gay people every day you tend to lose that "I can't bend over or a gay person will rape me" mentality.

• It's not just celebrities.

It's scientifically proven that there is a correlation between intelligence and liberial views - the theory being that it requires a certain amount of intelligence to be able to imagine yourself in somebody else's shoes, and since imagining themselves in other people's shoes is what actors do, it's no wonder they gravitate towards liberialism.

• Because that's what mainstream media wants.

Seriously now, if they would start speaking exactly what they think, think of all the liberals losing their shit and starting yet another shitstorm over someone having a different opinion.

Due to lack of balls in Western countries, it may easily result in those celebrities not getting job offers, their brands won't be sold that well etc.

They aren't exactly liberal, they say whatever sells to the cattle.

• Only the most vocal ones are.

Conservatives and libertarians tend to be less activist or vocal (with notable exceptions), so it gives the appearance that there are mostly only liberals in Hollywood. For every liberal Sean Penn out there, there is a conservative Sylvester Stallone or libertarian Vince Vaughn. There are even a few full-blow anarchists like Kevin Sorbo and Penn Jillette.

I hope that answers your question.

• i've seen some really conservative celebs actually :)

• Because it's popular to be liberal nowadays. I don't like the right as much as the next guy, but if a famous person said, "I'm a Republican", they'd immediately be labeled a racist, warmongering a$$hole.

• Because they live in a pampered world and don't know real life.

• Most of them weren't born rich

• Many had an easy life of doing less than hard work. And as other pointed out, it would be career suicide.

• Keep it clean guys...

• Showing right wing tendencies would be career suicide! lol

• No it's not. It didn't hurt Charleton Heston, John Wayne, Bob Hope, Jimmy Stewart, Gary Sinesse, Tom Selleck, Patricia Heaton, Ben Stein, ... I could go on and on.

• Okay thanks. Sorry I'm not educated about that kind of thing.

• It's just a knowledge gap, that's all. If you haven't heard it before then you can't know about it.

What Girls Said 1