Accidentally left my wallet in my desk drawer at work?

What should I do?

I know exactly where it is. It's in my drawer. It's mostly safe, I think, but a nightly cleaning crew comes through every evening to empty garbages and vaccum etc. But I can't imagine why they would look in drawers unless they were snooping.

I have credit cards and my drivers license in there...

What would you do in this situation?

I can't go back to work because the building won't let people in after 6 and it's an hour away.. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Like you said, they aren't supposed to be looking in drawers. Most people aren't going to risk their job over something like that. I'd just wait until tomorrow and get it first thing. Everyone makes mistakes like this, don't worry. :) I've left my purse at an alteration's shop before with that stuff in it.

What Guys Said 4

• i guess they would have keep it... don't worry :)

• Relax, check you accounts in the morning, if they have been used report the cards as stolen, also subscribe to a credit reporting agency for a few months just to be sure.

• Let it be. There are so mny desks and some many nights that the odds of them opening yours tonight is small.

• If they're a cleaning crew they have way better opportunities to steal, and actually get away with it, than taking a wallet out of a drawer if they're dishonest.

I'm not saying you're perfectly safe but they'd have to be pretty stupid.

What Girls Said 4

• Call someone who works there and whom you trust, and tell him/her to get it for you.

• Could you call the cleaning crew or somebody and ask them to bring it to you outside the building when they are done? Otherwise you'll just have to wait till you get there tomorrow and check all your statements until then.

• Leave it until tomorrow. Pretty sure it'll be where you left it.

• Then I guess you will have to wait till morning & see what happens.