Is living on your own scary?

I'm currently in grade 10 and all we talk about nowadays is college and university and living on our own. Honestly the idea is a bit frightening. I'm terrified of the idea of failing and ending up homeless or disappointing my parents... I'm not as hard working as I would like to be. I have a serious problem with procrastination, thus making me fear that maybe my grades won't allow me into college to begin with.. I know I need to work hard to do what I want in life but I can't seem to motivate myself..
Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Fear is the greatest motivator. Think about what you fear and it will motivate you to take steps that help prevent that fear from materializing. Your procrastination is a serious issue. I see people at work who procrastinate and they don't advance. You have to schedule your time appropriately and complete tasks within the time line.

What Guys Said 5

• Living on your own and being a responsible adult is scary and hard work, but it's such a great feeling knowing you are responsible for you and the master of your own destiny, having that freedom and feeling like anything is possible is one of the greatest feelings in the world

• Living alone will push you to better yourself and be more responsible. It'll motivate you to be a better person. At first you will be shocked at the freedom you have but as you settle in reality hits and it'll kick you in the butt.

• I loved being home alone, I was often home alone since middle school.

• living deoending on someone is much more scary ad disappointing everytime.. stand on your own feet is the best feeling in life.. you will be lucky if you 'll able to do that. best of luck.

• Yes.
    There are killer gummy bears everywhere !

What Girls Said 1

• a little bit...