What are your thoughts on war?

Any type of warfare in general.

I think it's rather terrible and should only be used as a desperate last resort.

I'm mostly referring to post-WWII warfare although WWI was such an incredible disaster - too many lives lost and not enough gained in technology or whatnot to justify it.

Most Helpful Girl

• dont get me wrong i have so much respect to all those people who died and were hurt trying to fight for our country and i believe they are all heroes, but i do not believe people should take some ones life i think there are better ways to handle it. if we all worked together and tried to solve our problems by talking and working it out a lot of people would be able to live there life with out suffering or sorrow not just for them but for there loved ones can you imagine all the pain there family's go through not knowing if there son or daughter will ever come home

What Girls Said 3

• Make love not war✌

• It makes a fuck load of money...

• Everyone comes home a loser.

What Guys Said 9

• As cynical as this might be war is actually an unfortunate necessity for humanity. Why? Because if it weren't for war, you wouldn't be posting this question on the thing called the internet from a thing you call the PC (or smarthphone). If we were to live on a completely equal earth where all cultures and nations advanced in the same way, we'd still be figuring out how to smelt iron. Western civilization (and any other previous advanced for their time civilization) mostly came about because they were able to acquire power and resources through might and thus utilized said power and resources to advance technologically - at the expense of others, like colonies or what not.

• I honestly think war is outdated today though - we don't gain much from instant mass destruction anymore.

• The goal of war is not mass destruction but to win and achieve something. Mass destruction is a side effect of war.

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif Pointless and in the end no one wins... the other side just loses more slowly.

• I agree on the last resort thing.

People often underestimate the long-term damage. Like, the world is still reeling from the after-effects of WWII. Which came about due to WWI. And so on. How mad is that?

But I think it is naïve to believe in world peace. People's interests conflict.

• http://youtu.be/bX7V6FAoTLc

Yea yeaaah yeah huhh

• I hate war it is legalized mass homicide. Your strapping up soldiers and sending them in to get killed.

• War is what brought you freedom to an extent though

• I think war is good because if it weren't for war we would probably be living in a fascist world already

• I get your point, but I think war is outdated - instant mass destruction doesn't really help anyone.

• I hate it. A lot of injustices goes on in war along with great suffering in multiple forms. It's a terrible thing.

• Everybody loses

• I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.