Do people who dislike their parents have more relationship problems?

Unless your parents are seriously fcked up of course...

But I do think that people who dislike their parents have more problems than those who like their parents.

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes as I see wannabe thugs disrespecting their mom. Girls/ Guys with father issues have problem with trust, commitment or insecurity. Things needed in a relationship.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know? I hope not. I don't dislike my parents, but there sure are times I wonder why on earth I even "like" or respect them at all. I know that sounds harsh.. but parents are really just people who grew up and decided to have a baby (or in my case, went to the doctor to have their tubes tied but found out I'd snuck my way in) :P
    Like yeah, I get they changed my diapers and pay for the roof over my head, but if it weren't for my sister than I'd have had no one to take care of me growing up.

Whoops sorry for the rant. Just trying to get my point across- sometimes we're completely justified for not liking a person.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't stand my parents and I absolutely do have a lot of relationship problems whether friendship or romantic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course they do, because sometimes they'll need their help and their parents won't help them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like my mom, but I dislike my dad (and no longer have contact with him). He was only minimally involved with my siblings and I, had a really bad temper, was physically abusive at times, and sexually molested my siblings.

I've had great relationships. My first serious relationship lasted almost 5 years. I've been in my current relationship for 8 years. I've gotten along great with both my long-term boyfriends, had great communication, lots of fun together, rarely argued, treated each other with care and respect, etc.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!