Haven't slept in four days, help?

I haven't been able to sleep in four days and Its put me in a pretty bad mood, not to mention a complete lack of focus and constently making mistakes. Granted I've a lot on my mind at the moment but I'd really value your advice on getting to sleep short of popping pills.

Most Helpful Guy

• Insomnia, eh? What is it exactly that you do with your time?
    What causes you to stress?

Let's begin with the simplest thing. Is your house ventilated and clean?

• Yes my house is ventilated and clean, the stress is from family issues, in my spare time anything, I get so bored lying in bed for hours trying to sleep that I'll just find something to do

• Are you already popping pills of some kind or has it come to that point that you would want to?

• No I'd never take pills

What Girls Said 2

• Use melatonin it's natural. O highly doubt you have been up 4days straight unless you are found meth or coke lol. Your brain would experience micronapse.

• I fall asleep for a couple short bursts but that doesn't really count a sleep

• That's micronapse. Try the melatonin. Like I said it's natural. Its something we already have in our bodies to help us fall asleep. Just some of us have more. And some of us have less.

• Are you worried about something? Worry can keep you awake.
    The other thing that can keep you awake is stimulants... stay away from coffee, caffinated soda, cigarettes.

• Yeah I am worried about a lot of things unfortunately

• Anything I can help with?

• I dunno you might, you could pm me and give it a shot if you like?

What Guys Said 4

• I know you don't want to take pills, but take 5mg of melatonin to help you sleep. Melatonin is a natural product that your own body produces to signal it's time to sleep. I really don't see why you don't want to take sleeping pills.

• Are you stressed? That's usually the thing keeping people from sleeping (at least for me).

"No matter how hard your life is, go to bed grateful that you have one."

And try your best to avoid sleeping pills; they're really bad from what I've gathered.

• So what us your advice exactly?

• Be grateful that you have a bed, be grateful that you are alive, be grateful that you have people who love you, be grateful that the stars shine and the earth nourishes.

• Just lie down, and cover yourself with many blankets until it gets really warm under it.
    Also make sure it is dark in that room.
    Eventually sleep will follow.
    Make sure you don't think about anything. just day dream with your eyes closed.

• Get a frying pan and hope you don't give yourself a concussion. ... Just kidding. lol.

For the most part, you need to be in the right state of mind to be able to sleep well. If there is a good reason to your lack of sleep, figure it out and immediately put an end to it, or at least put it on hold. Then stay away from all things that could excite you or keep you awake, like screens or games, or any kind of energy drinks or coffee. Even sugar. Finally, relax yourself. Close your eyes gently and let your mind wander (not into the gutter though, that'll make it worse). Daydream basically. Heck, even talk to yourself if it helps you calm down. It might take a while, especially if you're wired, but don't worry about it. Just keep yourself calm and relaxed.

Have fun in Dreamland.