What's the most stupidest things you had to learn at school?

When I say stupid, I literally mean something you had to learn, study, read about or search that serves no purpose in life nor for your future.

I can think about a couple stupid, pointless things:
1- Learning about equations about the parabolas y hyperbolas; I'm still good at math (always was) but I don't care nor have motivations towards formulas nor making endless graphs about them. Totally unrelated to my life, goals and major.
2- Making a beautiful quilt; now what does that have to do with serious studies and life in general?
3- 7th grade- know the process in the dissection of a frog... oh yeah like I really care

Most Helpful Guy

• In primary school I had religion classes since I became non religious in my teens they were wasted hours I will never get back.

• wow sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how I would be if I were forced to take a religion class since I've long been an atheist.

What Guys Said 6

• math... useless :/

• For me most of the higher Algebra classes have 0 practical use outside of engineering, I mean honestly a full page of work to graph out a cosine? Total waste of time for me. I wasn't bad at math but it was so pointless.

Also P. E. was more "here go play with balls" and less actual fitness.

• 99% of what the school teaches you.

• Well English class. I wasn't really going to major in public speaking or anything, therefore I found it the most useless in my career choice.

• I can't think of anything. And it's not like we had the most exciting subjects to choose from ever. I'm just interested in a lot of things. You never know when something might come in handy.

• Religious studies.

What Girls Said 4

• For me probably the religious stuff (I'm fine with religious people but it doesn't mean that atheists have to know everything about these religions) and everything related to biology and history. I don't think its useful to know when this painter painted that painting and when he died or what the three stages of embryonic development in vertebrates are

• Plus-que-parfait verb tense. Literally no one uses it.

• It makes me sad that so many people are saying math related things because I love math so much.

• It's think it's because not many people care about the formulas, equations nor applicative problem solving exercises. It's after all time consuming. But if you like it, it's ok.

• The thing with math is that you have to go through all the boring skill building stuff before it can actually be a useful tool. Math didn't become terribly useful for me until 1st year university when I started engineering school.

• anything math related.