Girls, if you are not upfront with someone is that the same as being dishonest?

16

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what you are being dishonest about. If you are dating someone, and you are not upfront about having a wife at home, than that could be a small problem. Lol. If it is something you don't tell her right away because you think that it may scare her off, than I think that it is fine. (E. g. You have a child, you have a birthmark that's shaped like Texas, you were once a woman, ... You know the usual stuff! Lol

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, it really is.

• Depends on what it is. If you're trying to (good) surprise someone, I think you have good intentions so that's not dishonest.

Omission of something that would definitely change the outcome of a situation is dishonest to me.

• It could be considered a lie of omission. So yeah p much.

• Upfront means you are open , honest and direct withsomeone. Being dishonest means to be deceitful, untrustworthy and insincere

• So if you are not upfront then you are being deceitful in somway

• With someone*
      Some way*

• Lying by omission is still lying. Avoiding the question to avoid lying is still dishonest.

• I say no- there's a difference between going around hollering your secrets and going around blatantly lying

• usually, but it depends on the situation really

• Its a loophole from being not dishonest but not honest either, depending on the situation.

• Some consider it lying by omission. I am one of those people.

• yes it is...

• Not necessarily. More like being passive

• No it isn't the same thing. If you intentionally deceive someone to make them believe something thats not true, thats lying. If you just dont tell anyone, its just keeping it to yourself and keeping personal thoughts personal

• If you post a shirtless picture online when you're in a relationship, is that the same as cheating?

• i think so.. but sometimes honesty can be harsh.. so u may have to balance upfront and honest..

• Depends on the gravity of the thing I'm not up front about.

If we are dating and I find out he's bisexual, that's a big deal.

If I find out he hates my cat, not a big deal.